Overtime

The familiar tune rumbled its way through the walls, buzzing in your ears as the echo bounced and ricocheted all the way down here beneath the main stage. The song had grown on you, finding it annoying at first, but now, you'd catch yourself humming it every now and again. You could tell the show was almost over, Freddy and his friends would be down here soon enough to get their routine maintenance. It was required after every show, and as the lead technician, it's your job to make sure it gets done properly. With everything in place, your tools all organized, and the system rebooted, you just needed each one to step into the protective barrier. You weren't sure why this was all necessary at first, but upon learning just how complicated the systems on these animatronics were, you became grateful for the extra protection. The technology put into these machines was mesmerizing, and that's what drew you to the job in the first place. You've always been good with your hands, being able to build and take things apart came naturally to you. It ran in the family actually, both your dad and your brother being mechanics. While they were more interested in cars, robotics had always been your favorite elective in school. Working here at the Pizzaplex is a summer job, providing some income towards your degree in advanced robotics and engineering. It wasn't much, but being able to learn about Fazbear's advanced AI and top of the line machinery up close, was a good trade off. 

On cue, the hydraulic system that lowers the main stage triggered, letting you know the animatronics were on the way down. You wiped the grease from your hands onto the front of your Fazbear issued coveralls. They weren't very flattering, a soft grey color with the word 'TECHNICIAN' printed on the back, patches of the company logo and sign on the short sleeves, and your name patch on the front, on your chest next to the zipper. Best thing about them besides keeping your regular clothes clean, was all the pockets. The double doors behind you pushed open, revealing the gang of animatronic rock-stars as they made their way into Parts and Service. 

"Hey guys, how was the show?" You asked, looking up at the leader of the group. Freddy smiled down at you, his ears giving a little wiggle. 

"Outstanding susperstar! We had a blast!" The bear turned to his friends, his infectious attitude filling them with encouragement. 

"I totally nailed that guitar solo!" Chica leaned down to give you a fist-bump, which you happily returned. 

"Nice," You turned to Roxanne. "You get the crowd to cheer your name again Roxy?" You knew she was sensitive about her self-image, it always intrigued you, the way each one of them developed their own personality. It was simply immaculate.

"They always cheer for me (Y\N), I'm the best!" She said, putting a hand on her hip. 

You smiled, reassuring her with a nod. "What about you Monty?" You asked, turning to the gator. "Did you have fun?"

He shrugged and adjusted the star shaped glasses on his face. "It was fine, just glad Freddy didn't malfunction this time."

"Uhh-" You tried not to show it in your expression, but you could see the slight sadness slip onto Freddy's face as he remembered the incident a few weeks ago. "No worries, that's what I'm here for! Let's get you guys patched up so you can go rest for the night. Who wants to go first?"

"Ohohoh, me first, me first!" Chica raised her hand with an excited squeal as she ran over to the protective barrier and stepped inside, laying down in the chair. 

"You know the drill Chica, try not to move." The door closed to the barrier and you walked over to the monitor. Each one of the band members had a certain maintenance protocol, their parts were all unique. You selected 'Glamrock Chica' from the drop-down menu, and started the routine checkup.