Fears

"SUN-" You screamed, latching onto the robot so tightly that your knuckles were white.

Both his arms around you, he turned you both mid-air, tucking you into his chest. His back now going first, he held you in free fall until you fell into the ballpit. You closed your eyes, and the overwhelming scent of plastic filled your senses. Dazed, it took you a moment to shake the gut wrentching feeling of decent. You looked over at Sun, who was happily running his fingers through the tide of colors.

"Sun-" you asked, still trying to steady your breath.

"Yes, Sunbeam?" His eyes filled with the attention you'd given him.

"Why don't you use the pulley system, like Moon?" You started to fish your way out of the ballpit.

"Oh, that's easy! I always get tangled up in the cord!" He laughed as he followed close behind you. "And it's more fun to jump!" Sun began to bounce from foot to foot.

"Well, next time we're using the pulley!" Implying there would be a next time, you turned to him with a hand on your hip.

Sun stopped mid bounce and straightened himself as he nodded tentivly. "I didn't mean to frighten you, I will jump solo from now on!"

"Good." You started for the door. "I'm going to get to work now, okay? I'll see you after my shift."

Sun nodded sporadically, clasping his hands together as he bounced up and down on the tips of his toes. The sound of bells jingling brought a smile to your face.

"Oh, and Sun?" You motioned for the bot to come closer.

His eyes grew wide with curiosity as he leaned down and moved himself closer to you. You were sure he thought you were going to tell him a secret, and the action made your smile widen as you reached to cup his face.

"Be a good boy for me, okay?" You kissed his cheek, the real kisses had been promised for later, he was already spoiled enough.

Sun's rays spun like a desk fan on high, the 'whirring' sound you had become familiar with eminating from within him as your lips met his cheek.

"Y-Yes Sunshine!" Stars in his eyes, and body language pleading, he nodded once more. "I'll be good!"

The reaction made you giggle, and the look on his face sent a swirl of heat through your gut. You'd have time to play later.

"I'll see you soon." You waved to him as you left the Daycare, feeling a slight lightness in your step. He really did have an effect on you. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, you didn't know.

The plan was to head to the lobby and get a change of clothes and toiletries from your locker. From there, you'd head to the showers and get freshened up before heading down to Parts and Service. The Pizzaplex was opening soon, so you'd have to make this fast. You only managed a few passing glances from other employees on their way in. You pulled the collar of your shirt a bit higher as to hide the ring of bruises around the base of your neck. You hoped there was some concealer in your locker as well. If not, you'd have to buy a scarf or something from the gift shop.

Luckily, your locker came though in your hour of need, so you grabbed your things and headed for the showers near the kitchen. A quick wash, rinse, and dry, you were dressed in an old t-shirt and jeans, headed to Parts and Service. The familiar concrete hallway brought an ease to your chest, the tension in your shoulders releasing. This is where you felt the most at home, here and now, maybe Sun's arms. You took the hairtie from your wrist and ran your fingers through your still damp hair in an attempt to neaten it into a ponytail, twisting the knot as you walked through the doors to your workshop. What was waiting for you, however, made that sense of ease...quickly vanish.