Glitter Glue

"What seems to be the problem?" You observed him for a moment, attempting to identify any apparent issues. "Can you show me?"

"Sure!" He said with a wide smile, "It happens whenever I do this-" The sun animatronic sat up all the way, dangling his legs over the side of the table. He gently kicked them back and forth, jiggling the bells on the ends of his shoes. He began to cycle through his movement sequences.

You'd almost be mesmerized by such a childlike action, that is until a loud grinding noise filled your ears. With a raised brow, you stepped closer, moving in-between Sun's legs to get a better look.

"I think I found the problem." Bending down to peer into his chest cavity, you see a set of cogs that helped move his internal systems coated in a sparkly gooey substance. This was preventing the cogs from turning, causing the grinding noise, and the reason for his inability to perform this movement.

Without thinking much of it, you grabbed a spray solvent from your belt and coated the gears. This dissolved the glue, allowing you to wipe it away easily. However, before you could get them all the way clean, a low humming sound started up, signaling the bot's cooling fans had turned on. Was there another issue that needed to be fixed? He shouldn't be overheating this quickly, especially now that the glue was gone. You moved back slightly, looking up at him once more.

"Are you okay? You seem to be overhe-" You lost your train of thought as you locked eyes with him. His expression had changed, his eyes half closed, the normal blush on his cheeks seemed..darker. It took a moment for you to process, is he..embarrassed?

"I-I am sorry sunshine," He said, his voice much lower now. "This is why I don't get maintenance done very often, my internal systems are very sensitive.." His chest rose and fell at an elevated pace, as if he were breathing.

Was he designed to do that? Freddy and the others don't simulate breathing. They blink, and certain parts of them fidget from time to time to seem more life-like, but you've never seen them breathe.

"Sensitive?" You questioned, "You mean you can feel this?" You reached your hand out, more intrigued that he possessed the sensation of touch rather than confused about why. You reached into his chest cavity and gently stroked your finger along one of the wires connecting to his endoskeleton. The sun animatronic gasped, joined with a slight 'whirr' sound that emanated from his computing system.

"Yes!" He protested, "I can feel that."

You quickly pulled your hand back, not wanting to bother him further.

"Wow," You stood and pondered the thought of just what kind of technology it took to give a robot the sensation of touch. Freddy and the others are programmed to detect threats and look after guests. They exhibit a minimal amount of emotion, the expressions on their faces limited by the metal structures. But this one is different, completely different compared to the design of the other robots in the Pizzaplex. He is very human like, and it made you wonder if he was even created by the same person.

"I'm sorry, I've never seen a robot react like that before." You said, looking at him once again.

"It's okay!" He responded with a playful tone. "I don't get to experience that very often, hence why it tickles sometimes!" He smiled and laughed softly, his legs beginning to swish back and forth again.

"Well it looks like you're all fixed up buddy." You reached up to close his chest cavity, placing your hands onto the smooth surface of his outer shell. Expecting the usual sensation of cold metal, it shocked you to discover that he was warm. You pushed the door of his chest cavity closed, hearing it lock into place. Your hands lingered on his chest for a few moments, your palms absorbing the soothing warmth.