Centuries

(Listen to this song while reading)

Prologue
Kana immediately knew something was up as she held the invitation between her fingers. She didn't trust it. She sent a letter to each High lord asking if they were going. They each answered with suspicions of their own but decided to see what it was about.

Kana declined and decided to double patrol and protect her court. She decided if it was a trap she would wipe her court from every fae's mind. People described Kana as fearless, brave or determined. She didn't deny it but in her mind she knew she was the opposite.

Scared

She told her General to give word immediately about what happens Under the Mountain. As soon as she got word. She used her magic to erase each courts knowledge of them. She hid the City of Twilight and every town around it. Soon it was like the court of dusk never existed.

49 years later

The High Lady of Dusk was surrounded by papers, graphs and records. The final days of Prythian were about to come. Kana was hoping her magic would stay put. She immediately shot her head to the door when she heard hurried footsteps and a heavy knock on her door. "Come in" Her voice drained of energy.

June walked in. Her most trusted friend, they had known each other since they were infants.
"Ah June, To what do I owe the pleasure?" Kana smiled. "There's a chance we'll be saved Kana!" Kana stilled.

"What?" She said standing up from her chair. "There's a human girl fighting for the High Lord of Spring," June said sitting on the desk.
"You mean the deal might be fulfilled?" June nodded "Isn't that great??" Kana nodded slightly. Worry sliding over her features. June noticed straight away. "What's the matter? This is our chance to be happy again!" Kana thought for a moment "How'd you hear word about this?"

June said nothing "I never sent anybody out... Where'd you hear this from June?" June stayed silent suddenly finding interest in anything apart from her friend. "Get the person who told you this" June nodded hopping off the desk and basically running out the room. Kana sighed plopping back into her chair. She rubbed her eyes and started going over the paper she was reading earlier.

10 mins later

"I-I'm sorry High Lady!!" The fae shook with fear. "I truly am!" Kana stared at the fae with a face of disgust gracing her beautiful features. "You decided it was a good idea to go over the wall, travel to the spring court, get information about the situation which was very helpful but you risked expostion and now all you have to say is sorry!?" Kanas voice echoed around the empty throne room. "Get him out of here before I kill him"

The fae thrashed at the guards grip being unsuccessful. Kana got up, The dark purple dress sliding along the marble floor. The only sound was the distant noise of the city and the click clack of her white heels. "I'll be going Under the mountian , Nox is in charge till I get back" Kana said with a frown. The guard saluted and walked to inform Nox, her general of the plan.

"You're not really leaving are you Lady?" Guilt pricked Kana at those words. "I have too Nox, I need to see it with my own eyes." Kana replied bunching her hair into a ponytail. "But what if this human girl fails?" Kana sighed turning around "Nobody knows who I am, if she fails I run either way I come back."

"Please come back safe, Promise me Kana" Kana rolled her eyes. "I promise you Nox, I'll come back safe" She picked up her bag "Take care of the place, Won't you?" Nox nodded. Kana kissed his cheek. "Don't let me come back to this place In ruins" She laughed. Nox joining in "Of course not"

Nox and Kana walked towards the large palace doors. "Kana! Wait!" Kana whirled around and spotted June sprinting down one of the many halls that connected to the foyer. As soon as June reached when Kana and Nox stood, she jumped onto Kana knocking her to the ground in a big hug. "I'm going to miss you, come back safe please" Kana pulled June off her and got up brushing off her pants. "She promised me, don't worry June" Nox said helping June up off the ground.

Kana glanced outside where the city of Twilight seemed to never end. "I'm going to miss this place while I'm gone" June wrapped an arm around her shoulder "Of course you are silly! It's your home" Kana nodded fixing her dagger that hanged on her belt. She started descending the steps that led up to the palace. June and Nox both waved but she never looked back.

When she reached the bottom of the steps, she winnowed as close to Under the Mountain as possible. She hoped nobody would recognise her even if she had double-checked that it was still working. She creeped around the woods as silently as possible until she found the entrance . She stalked through it keeping close to the wall. It was pitch black but she used all her other senses to make it to the hall. Soon the hand that was on the wall started to turn numb and the cold stone wall bit into her skin.

Eventually she saw a crack of orange light peeking through the darkness. She crept towards the light slowly, her eyes slowly adjusting to the light. The light came from a small fire-lit passageway. Kana made sure to stick close to the shadows. The crack in the wall was just large enough for one person. It seemed to have been used recently as she glanced to the dirt that lay on the floor. Kana didn't see anybody down the hallway but it abruptly veered off, cutting of her view.

Kana took a few deep breaths before moving into that small crack. She went as fast as she could till she heard distant yelling. She raced towards that noise until she found herself in a large empty room. She decided against exploring and go towards the now louder yelling through one of the doors. She opened it subtly and slipped in like a shadow. The room was covered in mud and there sitting on a throne was the devil itself. Amarantha didn't notice the faerie that just walked in. Kana slid her gaze over to the long blonde-haired man sitting next to her. 'Tamlin'  She glanced towards a cage where she saw the human girl doing mother knows what. When a voice shattered the silence that had fallen "TO YOUR LEFT!"

Just as the girl jumped out of the way, something burst through the wall— a giant worm? — it was chasing the girl. Kana bit her tounge as the teeth of the worm were inches from that poor human. A minute later every faerie in the room started roaring.

After Feyre killed the worm

"Well," Amarantha said with a little smirk. "I suppose anyone could of done that." The human did something Kana wouldn't of expected. She threw the long bone in her hand towards Amarantha. Every fae in the room gasped. "Naughty" Amarantha spoke in a low voice. Kana couldn't bother listening as she slipped back through the door.

First chapter let's go! It will be slow updates as school starts again in a couple of days but I hope you enjoyed :)

-Kei