Chapter 14

A consistent update! Alert the fucking media!

Okay but for real, this chapter is so all over the place, I went into it without a big plan so it's a little...I don't know. Think of it like a face time catch up with a bestie. Enjoy.

***
Song: The gambler - Kenny Rogers
***

"Am I the only one that doesn't know how to play?" I ask the girls as we walk through the grounds to the tent.

"Yep."

"I think so."

"Fantastic," I sigh, blowing out a puff of smoke that was lingering in my mouth.

All three of us walk the length of the train, acknowledging the few people that are still awake and shout out a quick, "Evening ladies."

None of us really talk on the walk, or I should say I don't talk.

I'm kind of nervous.

I don't know why. I've spent more time with Harry than anyone here, but for some reason, something about this is making my stomach turn.

Hence the smoke.

I shouldn't be nervous, it's just Harry, Lonnie, Elijah, and the girls, I spend every day with them anyway.

I need to calm the fuck down.

As we get closer to the tent, I take one last puff of my smoke and toss it to the ground; stomping it out with my boot.

Charlotte is the one to pull back the entrance to the tent and as soon as she does we all walk through. The boys are all set up at their normal table, with cards and cash scattered over the top.

They're all drinking and laughing, too focused on whatever is making Harry and Elijah clutch their stomachs laughing at a very unimpressed looking Lonnie to notice us.

It makes me smile.

"Hey!" Charlotte yells out, making them all turn towards us, and as soon as they do, they all stand up.

"Hey!" Lonnie yells out, holding his arms in the air dramatically, "Ya's want drinks?"

All three of us answer yes and he heads off to the bar as we make out way to the table.

Rosemary goes and sits next to the chair Lonnie was in and Charlotte sits next to her, I make way to the end of the table where Harry is standing waiting still.

"Hello, Miss Davis," he smiles.

I don't bother stopping walking, I just step past him and he turns his body to naturally follow mine, "Hello, you."

"You look lovely," he says, looking down at the flared pants and little singlet I have on, and blindly pulling the chair I was about to sit in out for me.

"Thank you," I blush and quickly sit down, "You look great too, I like this without all the layers," I tell him, gesturing my hand up and down the length of his body.

He's still in his clothes from today, but he doesn't have his long coat or jacket on. Just the pants and suspenders, and his white dress shirt that is messily unbuttoned at the top, exposing the tattoos I've only ever seen from a distance.

He smiles and sits down in his seat too, and as I lean back in mine, I feel his jacket hung over the back of the chair.

That's why I could smell his cologne so strong.

"Have you been smoking those foul sweet things?" he asks, staring at my lips.

"Maybe," I shrug, "want one?"