Chapter 19

Hi there beautiful, this is a double update, if you haven't read the first, go back and do that!

***

Song: I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys

***

Harry POV

The night stayed as chaotic as I thought it would, everything moves so quickly in this tent, time ceases to exist when you're around these people.

The whole night has been filled with music, drinks, and circus acts. It's like a separate world in here.

People love to say that about the circus; that it gives you heaven in a day, it gives you a world to escape to then you slip back into normal life like it never happened.

It's true though. The magic is very real, it's always been my favourite part.

You really feel like you're a part of something special; like a cloud of smoke that moves through the world, leaving behind astounded adults, inspired children, and the smell of popcorn. That's magical to me.

I spent the night at our normal table with Dani sitting right next to me...when I pushed her chair in for her I may have pushed it so it was closer to mine so she has really been right next to me all night.

It felt like hours passed in a matter of seconds at that table. As everyone else shared stories and laughs with one another, it felt like Dani and I were in our world. Sharing not so subtle glances and testing the water touches between constant flowing champagne and clouds of rose-flavoured smoke.

I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know this Dani, the one that seems less worried about whatever was holding her back before.

And she's really not holding anything back tonight...it might be because she's drunk nearly the whole bar, but it's still fun to watch.

It's Lonnie and Rosemary's fault, those two together are a fucking train wreck.

They just kept giving her drinks, I'd followed them to the bar at one point to tell them to stop but they wouldn't listen to me.

"I'm serious," I laugh, trying to be serious as I grab the glass out of Rosemary's hand to put on the bar, but as soon as I place it down, she picks it up again.

"It's initiation. Don't fight tradition," Lonnie laughs as he turns around and leans his back on my chest, putting his arms up like a barrier to stop me from getting to Rosemary.

"Go, baby. I've got him still," he tells Rosemary and she giggles and tries to run away but I reach out and wrap my arm around her waist to stop her.

"No one is doing any of that to her," I argue with a laugh while holding Rosemary in place, "just let her have fun."

If they had it their way, they would do it all; get her pissed, face paint, dress up, put her to bed on one of the high nets. I'm not letting them do that.

"Dani!" Rosemary yells, still trying to get my arm off of her waist.

I turn my head quickly to see Dani already making her way over to us, looking very confused but amused over the situation we're in.

"I got you another drink!"

I try to argue but before I can, Dani makes her way over to us three in this weird mushed huddle, and she plucks the glass from Rosemary's fingers with a very giggly "Thank you very much."