|11| Soulmate//Lucius Malfoy x Reader

...
But soon I was tired of having all this shit floating through my mind.
I sighed loudly and stared at the ceiling, lost in thought. I knew I had to do something, something to distract me from everything. But what?

Some time passed, which I spent lying on my bed and in which I couldn't think of anything to do. Suddenly I had the idea to read a book. I was sure the Malfoys had a whole library. But then I remembered that I didn't know where it should be. I've been here twice, but on my first visit I just saw the living room from the inside and I only vaguely remembered my failed exploration tour at Draco's party. It was about time to get to know their premises, if I were to spend the next time here. At least that was my view of the matter. So I decided to check on Draco, hoping he could fulfill my wish.

A little powerless I went out of my room to the hallway to knock on Draco's room door. But before I could even put my hand on the door, it opened. I stood there startled, my hand clenched to a fist still raised. Draco looked at me puzzled.

„Y/N! I was just coming to see how you were doing. Is everything okay?" he asked favourably.

„Uhm, yeah, everything's alright. I'm sorry, I didn't expect you to be right behind the door." I replied completely perplexed and only now I took my hand down again.

„I can see that." Draco laughed. „Well, you wanted to see me. What's the matter?"

„I was wondering if you could show me around the Manor. I don't know anything about this place. I originally wanted to read a book and it occurred to me that I could've looked for a suitable reading for a long time if I'm going to do this alone."

„Oh, I totally forgot that you've never been here before the party. Then we should make up for it." Draco looked kind of relieved, like he was expecting another message. But I ignored my strange feeling and didn't go into it any further.

Eager for more beauty of this house, I trotted after Draco, who led me through all the rooms that might be of importance to me. Starting with the in-house library, as I had already thought.

As we entered the library, I couldn't get out of amazement. There were so many books that it reminded me of the library at Hogwarts. Of course there was much more literature at Hogwarts than the Malfoys could've owned, but their ownership of books was considerable. Slowly I walked through this paradise of every bookworm, which amazed me more and more with any further viewing. The floor was covered with black and white tiles in a certain pattern, which I cannot describe at all. Meter-high shelves of dark solid wood reached to the ceiling of the room. A window front opposite the door, which resembled that of my room, flooded the rather dark room. A kind of balcony, located in front of the shelves, represented a second level of the room, which could be reached by a spiral staircase. The railing of the stairs and the balcony was decorated with filigree ornaments. Between these high shelves on the left wall of the room there was as expected a spacious fireplace. In front of it were two dark leather armchairs, between which stood a wooden table, matching the shelves. In front of the window front, which was draped with dark green curtains, stood a long sofa facing these windows. From the ceiling hung two huge chandeliers that lit up the room. The floor was covered with a huge carpet, which, judging by its appearance, had certainly survived for at least a century.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I just loved the smell of old books. I was sure I could spend several hours in here.

„The Manor has been in our family possession for a long time. Over time, some books have accumulated here." He mentioned in passing. Draco seemed to be able to understand my obvious enthusiasm only partially.

„That's breathtaking!" I stated simply and took once again an amazed look through the library, before we left it to go on.

„Well, if you've already liked this, this one will certainly delight you."