- 6 -

The next day, Ada was sitting in the living room and Natasha walked in, opening the curtains then Ada looked at her, "I thought I heard someone knocking," Polly walked into the room, "Couldn't get back to sleep," Ada said as she looked back at the fire.

"The longer you leave it, the worse it gets," Polly walked over and sat on the couch, "Believe me, I know. So does Astella, even if she doesn't want to admit it," Natasha and Ada looked at her, "I was sixteen, older than Astella was, but I didn't dare tell anyone," Polly said.

"Polly, Freddie'll come back," Ada said.

"In the end, I did it myself. I did it to myself. And I almost died. And he didn't come back. They don't. Why should they? You know the words. You're a whore. Baby's a bastard. But there's no word for the man who doesn't come back," Polly leaned over and took hold of her niece's hand, "One day, on your wedding day, you'll have a good man on your arm. And you'll say 'Polly, thank you for common sense'," Polly said.

Natasha looked at her younger sister, "Ada, it's going to be okay. Whatever you do," Polly went to speak and Natasha stopped her, "We didn't let Astella be alone, the two of us... Even Freddie when he found out... I'm not leaving you alone, and neither will Astella," Natasha walked over and then hugged her sister, "I promise," Natasha said.

Natasha stood up and stood behind Ada's chair then nodded to Polly, "This woman is in Cardiff. We'll take the train tomorrow. Go to the castle afterwards for a treat," Polly said.

Ada looked at Natasha, "Ada... He's on the run, he may come back but his way of life... We know the result with our own brothers and family and our own actions. If you are having thoughts about whether the baby is going to be safe, if you are doubting our brothers, you know the path to choose. If you trust our brothers and know your baby will be safe, you know the path to choose. Aunt Polly and I have spoken, we will support either one you chose and will be by your side," Natasha said as she placed her hand on her sister's shoulder and Ada took hold of her hand.

Meanwhile, Tommy was driving down a street with Astella, Shane and Oscar in the car with him, "Tommy..." Astella looked at him, "You sure about this?" Astella asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure. It will work, only if you keep calm," He glanced at her, "Remember, you're Mrs Shelby in his eyes right now. It will work," Tommy said and she nodded with a smile.

At the Lickey Tea Rooms, Inspector Campell was stood with a cup of tea, looking at the table he was shown to when held more than two chairs

At the Lickey Tea Rooms, Inspector Campell was stood with a cup of tea, looking at the table he was shown to when held more than two chairs. Tommy walked in alone with his hands in his trouser pockets and walked over to Inspector Campbell, neither of them spoke for a while, "I chose this place because it is outside both of our jurisdictions. Do you want tea?" Inspector Campbell said.

"Inspector, I responded to your invitation because I want us to understand each other. I'm a businessman. I want to make my business successful," Tommy said.

"And I want my city to run peacefully," Inspector Campbell said as he turned to him.

"If the city is peaceful, business can thrive," Tommy said.