Chapter 3; Big Manifold Hotel.

Mr. Manifold stood proudly at the entrance, welcoming the group in. "Welcome!"
Kim gagged. "I already hate it."
Ryan looked around, a shimmer in his eye. "I LOVE IT!"
Mr. Manifold grinned. "I'm glad, because you six will be working here for 365 days, starting now."
"WHAT?!"
Otto bursted out laughing.
Chub growled. "EXCUSE ME?! I AM NOT WORKING HERE FOR A WHOLE YEAR-"

--
Mr. Manifold escorted the group to their working stations. Chub and Otto at the reception, Ryan at the hotel's garden, Jane at the kitchen, Kim and Jackie at the room service, and Mark.. who was just there. "Enjoy your stay!"

Reception

Chub grunted, fixing the itchy hotel uniform and resting his head on his hand. "This is stupid." Otto smirked after checking out an old lady. "And who's fault is that?" He wrote down a number on a check board and took the next person in line. Otto's job was simple, all he needed to do was check people in and out of the hotel. Chub's job was boring really, all he was doing was printing papers and giving them to Otto. "This day is going to last foreverrr..."
"Only if you keep complaining, print this." He handed Chub a piece of paper. "I can take whoever's next!" Chub took the paper and walked over to the printer, placing it on the scanner and making two copies as instructed.

Garden

Ryan was skilled at gardening, per say. He had loads of experience from working at a green house and gardening in their backyard. He got an easy job. All he needed to do was plant the flower seeds in one section, and vegetables in the other. After that he needed to keep watch. The flowers were for decor and the vegetables were for the kitchen.
"This should be easy!" It wasn't.
First of all, it was really hot outside, and Ryan couldn't cool himself off.
Second, he didn't have the right equipment, he had to do most of the work with his hands.
"I wanna go home.."

Kitchen

Jane loved cooking it was definitely one of her favorite things to do. Normally she would make all the meals for the group, since they all lived together. She was in charge of making sure each person got each meal differently, and making sure none of them would get an allergic reaction or something of the sort. Jane also worked at a fancy restaurant, serving food 9-5.
Her job in the kitchen was to make the food on the menu, pretty easy right? There was only one slight problem. The food was REVOLTING.
"God what is this?! Beef pot pie, steak tacos, beef omelet? Does he only like beef?!"
It smelled like wet dog and dead cow in the kitchen, making it almost impossible to cook.
"Eww..."

Housekeeping

Kim and Jackie were probably the WORST candidates for Housekeeping, they were the only people in the group who managed to make a hurricane form inside a 12x14 space. Plus they knew nothing about keeping clean. "I wanna die, Jane. I really do." Jane sighed. "Lets just get through the day for gods sake Kim! None of us want to clean for old men in hotels but how else do you expect to pay of that debt?!" Kim groaned and grabbed a broom. "If any of these gross men get near me I will give them testicular cancer."
Jane stared. "That not possi-" "Watch me."
She shuddered and grabbed the rest of her cleaning tools, walking down the hallway.

Mark.

"Can I go home Mr. Manifold? I dont have a job."
"....sure."

---
The group got to pick their hours and day because well, they have other Jobs. Jane on Tuesdays 6pm-8pm, Chub 5pm-7pm, Otto just came in whenever, Kim and Jackie 7pm-9pm, Ryan came in whenever he felt like it, and Mark..well, Mark..
All together, they earned about 3 bucks an hour for the hotel and bills. And after the first day, they realized this really was going to take 365 days.
"Good lord." Chub exclaimed.
Tomorrow is another day.

W/C: 690 words.