Chapter Six: The Grape Incident

Wednesday. Julie's 45th birthday. She had no plans: wake up, shower, go to work, come home, cook dinner, go to sleep. Exactly like every other day.

Julie paced between tables, barking orders at her subordinates.
Hugh strolled into the dining room.
"Can I have your attention please? Everyone, listen up."
Julie and her fellow co-workers turned to face their boss.
"We have a birthday today," he clasped his hands as catering brought in a small white cake. Julie felt her stomach drop; she went to work to forget about her personal life and aging self - not to draw attention to it.
"Happy birthday to my favourite controversial employee!"
A few chuckles could be heard, Julie forced a smile.
"How old are you today, Julie?" Hugh raised his eyebrows, she could have punched him. She knew he asked her that to get under her skin.
Julie glanced around nervously, she cleared her throat, "too old to be disclosing my age, Hugh." She let out a fake laugh before blowing out her candles.
"You didn't even let us sing happy birthday!" One of the staff piped up.
Julie put her hand up, "there's no need, really. We all should get back to work. Let's not forget that we have a guest's private dinner to set up for."

Julie worked until 10 that night. By the time she came home, she had seen that her family had already eaten. Chinese takeaway.
"Hi luv." Michael greeted rather passively, too busy watching something on TV.
"Hi Michael. I see you already had dinner. That's good."
Michael nodded, sipping at his beer. By the mess of empty bottles on the table, it was obvious that this wasn't his first one of the day.

Julie made her way to the kettle, filled it up with fresh water, and turned it on. Looking out into the back garden she tapped her fingers on the counter. Hoping that perhaps Michael would announce that he had planned something nice for her: a dinner at a fancy restaurant for tomorrow, a weekend getaway, a spa day... anything.
Julie's phone buzzed. Reaching into her bag which was beside her on the floor, she saw that she had a new message. From Aaron: When do u get off work?

Julie replied:

Now. Just got off.

Would u be up for doing something? I know it's ur birthday so ur probably busy, but if not I have something planned

I'm not doing anything, actually.

Good. Meet me next to the pond in the park in town asap x

An 'x'? I wonder what he's got planned. A smirk crept onto Julie's face.

On my way x

Was sending an x too forward? He sent one first. I should stop overthinking everything.

Ignoring everything and heading upstairs, Julie stripped out of her uniform, took down her hair. And pulled on a pair of black jeans, a warm cardigan, and comfy shoes.

She didn't bother letting Michael know where she was going. If he didn't care enough to do something for his wife's birthday; then she didn't care enough to tell him every single thing she was doing.

It was nearly 11 by the time Julie arrived at the park, heading in she went directly to the pond.

Aaron was already there, sitting on a blanket with his back to her, staring out across the water. A basket was near him, along with a bottle of champagne. Julie sneaked up behind him. She planned on scaring him; but her knees cracking as she knelt down gave her away. Aaron turned around, "I heard that."
Julie smiled weakly, "I wish you didn't."
"Happy birthday, Julie." He brushed his fingers across her cheek, "can I kiss you?"
Julie nodded.
Aaron lips graced hers. His fingers entangled in her long brown hair. His tongue entered her mouth, hers entered his. They kissed hungrily, yet carefully and with passion. She moaned.
"You're so hot, Julie. You're so beautiful. God I want you."
Julie didn't stop Aaron as he unbutton her blue cardigan. She didn't stop him as he removed her bra and sucked and nipped on her breasts. She didn't stop him as he pushed his fingers under the hem of her jeans, past her underwear and into her heat. Julie moaned, louder this time. She didn't care if anyone heard - not that she thought many people would be around this late.
"Aaron," She groaned into his ear, "I need you. I need all of you."
That was his call to action. He removed his fingers instantly. Julie lay down on the blanket.

They removed what remained of their clothes - only leaving their underwear on.
"A purple thong." Aaron bit his lip as he stared at the woman below him, "do you know you drive me crazy, Julie?"
Julie laughed deeply, she sat up and fingered along the top of Aaron's boxers. Pulling them down to reveal his erection.
"I've missed you." Julie admitted with all the sincerity in the world.
He leaned down, as did she.
"I've missed you, too." Aaron slowly took off Julie's lacey thong and tossed it aside.
He rubbed his tip against her entrance. Their breathing was shaky.
"Oh God..." Julie whispered.
"Oh Julie." Aaron kissed up her torso, stopping at her neck to bite it. Licking up the blood that trickled from her fresh wound.
He quickly and suddenly entered her. Causing Julie to involuntarily scream with pleasure.
"Oh fuck... Oh Aaron." Her eyes rolled into her head as Aaron pumped in and out of her.

He fucked her hard and fast; attempting to make up for all that lost time.
"I'm going to cum." Julie's breathing was shallow and rushed as she came all over Aaron's length, "oh fuck. Harder. Oh my God. I've missed you so much. I've missed this."
"I wish you never left."
"I do too. I regret it so much."
"Oh fuck."
"Would - oh my - would you still find me attractive if I had had the baby?"
"Of course - uh fuck." He moaned as he came inside her.

He leaned his head on her stomach.
"Would... would you think I was fat? If I had the baby, I mean." Julie asked, unsure if she wanted to hear the answer.
"What? Where's all this coming from, Julie?"
"Nowhere... it's nothing." She sat up. Aaron pulled out, leaving her feeling entirely empty. As they got dressed in a slightly uncomfortable silence, Aaron glared at Julie with sad eyes. Her bones were sticking out. She looked sickly.
"Julie..?"
"Yes?"
"Have you eaten today?"
"Yes."
"Is that a lie?"
"No. Why would I lie about that?"
"What did you have?"
Julie paused, "doesn't matter."
"It does... I worry about you, Julie."
"You shouldn't."
Aaron reached for the basket, he pulled out green grapes, cheese, and crackers.
"Will you eat something now?"
Julie stared at the food, pinching her arm.
"Please?" Aaron added.
Julie shook her head, "I'm not hungry."
"Why are you so concerned with not being fat?" Aaron questioned her with love in his voice.
"I didn't come here to be lectured."
"I'm not lecturing you... I want to look out for you." He tucked a piece of hair behind Julie's ear.
Julie's bottom lip trembled. Before she knew it, she was in tears.
"Aaron, I've fucked up."
He moved beside her and took her in his arms.
"I'm so afraid of gaining weight. I'm so afraid of being unattractive." She weeped.
"Weight doesn't equate to attractiveness, Julie. Besides, you were always thin." He stroked her hair.
"Not always..."
"You're skinny, now... too skinny."
"I don't see it."

Aaron let go of Julie and reached for the food. Getting out the paper plates from the basket, he laid out 5 grapes, three crackers, and a tiny piece of cheese. He held the plate up to Julie.
"Baby steps... Will you eat this?"
Julie gaped at the food. She swallowed hard. Then nodded. Taking the plate from Aaron, she first picked up a grape. Stared at it, then popped it in her mouth.
"Baby steps." She said softly.