Chapter 1

Hey guys:) this is my first work on wattpad. My chapters are pretty short- really short:) okay, anyway. I hope you guys like it and encourage your friends to read it. Thanks! (Also, please comment. Thanks again:)) 

__________________________

Chapter 1

I entered my friend's house, the warmth enveloping me, protecting me from the cold outside. As I continue to walk in, I hear the other girls' feet pounding the floor on the level above us. My friend who is hosting the party greets me with a warm smile. I say goodbye to my mother and continue upstairs to drop off my things. We meet the other girls and we exchange hellos. We sit for a while, until Melissa pulls out her phone. This is when I knew something was wrong.

She looks up with a horrified look on her face and says, "Guys, you gotta look at this," we didn't hesitate to ask what she was talking about, and rushed over to her. Here's what she showed us:

Bryson Stewart

B: Hey babe 😍

M: who r u?

B: your future bf

M: but I don't know who u r. Tell me right now.

B: Bryson. Btw, ur lookin hot tonight babe.

M: stop calling me that. And how do you know what I look like tonight?

B: I can see you.

We all looked at Melissa. She looked like she wanted to break down into tears. I couldn't help but feel sadness and fright for her, and I'm sure the other girls felt the same. We looked back down at the phone.

M: How can u c me?

B: Through the window. That shirt looks nice on you. 😘

We didn't bother to stop looking.

M: to prove it, what color shirt am I wearing?

B: babe, it's blue. With stripes.

"Let me see that!" Before she could answer, I snatched the phone out of her hands and read the last 5 texts again. "The window." I muttered to myself, even though the others girls heard me. All our heads shot towards the multiple windows in unison. We got up and looked around through the barrier separating us from the person on the other side.

"I don't see anyone," Emma says from the first window.

"Neither can I," said Katrina.

Melissa hadn't even bothered to get up, I couldn't blame her for the still horrified look on her face. I didn't agree to the others' statements, or say anything at all, because I didn't want to make her feel worse. And somehow the rest of the girls understood me and didn't reply either. We say there, staring at the blank TV screen. What can we do? We can't fix this until we know who the person on the other end of the line is.

We exchanged frightened stares with each other, waiting for something to happen. Expecting something. All of a sudden, Melissa blurted out, "No one else must know a out this, alright? If I find out that any of you told someone, you will fix the problem yourself with a lie, got it? We all nodded in unison, because if this were OUR problem right now, we'd do the same. After a long moment of silence, we heard the phone beep.

B: Sure, babe, I won't tell anyone. It our little secret, okay?

Oh My God.