Chapter 3

Chapter 3

After about 20 minutes, we got our coats on, and we brought all of our phones and walker talkies, in case we were separated.....

We waited at the back tree and all of a sudden, Melissa was tugged away by some mysterious force.

"MELISSA!" She was gone.

*****

We searched the woods in the back of the house. We used or phones for light. "We have to separate," Katrina declared.

"Why?" Genevieve said, alert.

"Well," Katrina continued, "if we want to find out friend at this point, we have to. Lets see, there's 5 of us here, so we have have a group of three and two, or two groups of two and someone goes alone." We were all silent. We all agreed on a group of 3 and 2 after a while.

"Good," I said. "Remember, if you need help, use your walker talkie or just scream. We'll come and get you and help you out." We should've carried a switchblade with us. At least one.

We split up and started to search. She was no where."We can't go back," Katrina announced. "Her mom'll freak when she sees that she's not with us. We have to find her."

"Really, Sherlock? Of course we can't go back. Her mom WILL freak and we'll be the blame. But the point is, the poor girl is probably suffering right now. We can't afford for her to be found de--" I paused before I said that final, cursed word. It was too much of a traumatizing moment to say it. I felt like crying, like REALLY crying; creating the new Pacific.

The girls looked at me. "Sorry, you guys. I'm just so scared." I gulped, I didn't want to, my body somehow just, gulped for me. My body knows I don't want to cry. I can't. I can't do it, not here, not now.

"It's okay, Sky. We all know how you're feeling, we feel it too. We never made this happen, it God's plan...." God's plan. Those words hung in the air for a bit. A while. Too long of a wait.

"Okay," I said, changing the subject. I took a deep breath as I said it. The words, still there. All of a sudden, we heard the crunching of leaves.

"Who was that?" Genevieve jumped, she hasn't said anything for a while. I picked up my walkie talkie in alarm.

"Guys!" I shouted, careful not to attract the attention of the mysterious creature. "We heard someone, more like someTHING." I emphasized the THING at the end. "Meet us about 20 meters west of the oak tree," then I paused. I heard heavy breathing behind me. Me and the other 2 girls turned around. I'm pretty sure we will never forget what we saw.