Chapter 2

Chapter 2

We didn't know he could hear us, but now we did. We were shocked at how this could've happened. Maybe he was very close by; or super-human hearing. We knew though, we wouldn't tell anyone, even against our will. This was too personal-- not to mention creepy.

M: where r u? How can u hear us?

B: babe, why would I tell u? U can't know, our live won't last.

M: again, don't call me babe, and I don't love u. I don't even know who u r.

B: that's y I can't tell u babe. 😉

We all felt like crying. Why us? Is it Karma? That's not cool. Then I started thinking, who is in the house, and who haven't we heard from in a while? That's our first resort, as our second, it could be someone we know; but not present at the moment. Three, it's actually a creeper.

M: leave us alone. How did u even get this number, and how did u find out where I was?

B: oh, it was easy, really. That's what the internet's for, babe.

M: first of all, I don't even live here. Second, how did u know I was here if I don't even live here?

B: like I said, babe, that's what the internets for.

"Wait!" Genevieve exclaimed. "I can check his search history by tracking the device he's texting you from. We can see the device, I'll type in a special link, and voila! It's there!"

"What are we waiting for?" I said. "Let's go."

We went to the office, thank God there was no windows or any other way the "stalker" could hear or see us now. We were safe. Our eyes peered back down to the phone. It had beeped once again.

B: nice try, but I blocked the link and deleted my history.

Before we read the text or told Genevieve, she looked at us with sad eyes.

"I can't," she said, her voice raspy like she was about to cry. We know how hard she had tried. "The URL's blocked, I can't hack it." We all looked at her with sympathy, although me had no idea what she was saying.

"It's okay," we assured her. "We'll find a way."

Again, we heard a beep.

B: please, babe, come to c me. Outside @ the tree in the back

I snatched the phone from Melissa and replied:

M: okay, just know that it's Skylar, not Melissa. And I won't be alone.

B: not a problem, babe

I can see him smirking right now.....