006. Quirk Science

don't second guess what you're abt to read.

【ENIGMA】

***

The UA Sports Festival was drawing near and Y/n had never been so unprepared.

Well, alright, that was a lie.

Really, she was always unprepared, but she felt like there would be more of a consequence this time, compared to all other times, if she didn't get herself prepared soon. It was making her anxious and dread was somewhat pooling in her stomach as she listened to all of the conversation surrounding her.

"Man, I'm getting really excited!"

Y/n grinned, pressing the tip of her finger to Kirishima's shoulder as Sero drew near.

"This'll be our first step to becoming a pro if we stand out enough, you know," he said, placing his hand on top of Y/n's head. "You familiar with any part of your quirk yet?"

"Mayhaps." Y/n tapped the pads of her fingers to her temples. "Whatever it is, it enhances my intuition a ton."

"What, like a sixth sense?"

Y/n grinned with a shrug. "Something like that, I don't know,"

Kirishima grabbed at her shoulders excitedly. "Wait, wait, I remember during our first Basic Hero Training lesson. You had a real strong hunch about Ojiro and Midoriya! That makes sense!"

Y/n frowned. "Midoriya? No, we weren't facing him. It was Ojiro and Ts—"

Sero snapped his fingers. "Oooh yeah, wonder what that could be tied to? You have some time to figure it out before the Sports Festival, at least. Two weeks."

"Or actually, since it's so close, you could focus on just enhancing your intuition instead?" Kirishima suggested. "Discovering another part of your quirk could be a lot to handle for an event this big, really. And pro heroes'll be there for scouting. We gotta make an impression!"

"Wait yeah, Kirishima's totally right," said Sero. "We'll only have a few chances, including the years down the line. You can't afford to miss this opportunity—none of us can. It's best to play it safe and enhance what you already know, probably."

"Right, right. I don't know. I mean - intuition isn't even something I'm completely sure of having, it's just a guess based on everything that's happened so far,"

"It seems accurate all things considered," Sero swung an arm around Y/n's shoulder, pulling her close like he was studying her, "Like you have a weird way of knowing something that's about to happen. Like who's coming or what's to come— freaky, but I think being blind probably enhances it,"

"Wait, but if all of your other senses are enhanced because of your lack of sight," Kirishima poked at her shoulder. "Does that even have to do with your quirk? Or is it just an 'I'm blind so I can feel things better?' situation? And if that's what it is..."

"Dude," said Sero. "You're confusing the shit out of me right now."

"Well honestly, whatever it is, I have to figure something out. If I bomb this - I'm done for at this school. I'll be kicked out or something." Y/n pressed her palms to her cheeks before turning over her shoulder to look at where she knew Bakugou was standing from his seat to make his way to lunch. "Pompom! You should give me a hand!"

"I'll blow your hand off."

Y/n gasped as snatching her hands to her chest. "That's so mean!"