Chapter 29 - Annabeth

It was a little after seven when Annabeth woke. Groggily clearing the sleep from her eyes, she sat up and looked around, realizing that she was in her own cabin room. Percy must have brought her in here sometime during the night. Annabeth was so exhausted during the time, she hadn't really paid that much attention to the fact that she had crashed on Percy's bed, only realizing that it was warm and comfortable.

Slipping on a pair of jean shorts and an orange T-shirt, Annabeth quickly brushed her hair and made her way to the dining hall. Percy was already at the table which of course surprised her since he always slept in.

He sat there contentedly, devouring a plate of waffles which for some odd reason weren't blue colored. They were just normal waffles.

Annabeth scowled but let it pass. Walking over, she laid a hand on his shoulder giving it a comforting squeeze. "Morning," she said.

Percy looked up grinning at her. "Good morning, beautiful! How's my lovely lady this morning?"

"Oh stop," Annabeth said, playfully ruffling his hair. "But I'm well, thanks. Where's Leo?"

"At the helm," Percy said. "He's checking the radar to see if the Ketea would return. But I wouldn't think so, considering Hazel blew them to smithereens last night."

Annabeth laughed lightly. "Yeah, that was pretty amazing." She poured herself a glass of orange juice and sat next to him. "Any dreams?"

Percy put down his fork. "Just one," he confessed. "But it was blurry."

"What do you remember?" Annabeth asked.

"Not much," he said. "Just fuzzy images, but to me it looked like some sort of gathering."

"A gathering..." Annabeth pondered, sipping her glass slowly. "Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the giants."

"No, I don't think so," Percy said. "They looked more like demigods."

"Well then it's obviously the two camps preparing for war."

Percy didn't answer, but the look in his eyes increased their depth.

Annabeth gazed at him for a moment, trying to read his emotions. But he'd once again gone poker-faced. She looked away.

At that moment, Frank and Hazel joined them from below deck, followed shortly by Jason and Piper. Piper had her arm around Jason's waist as if supporting him, and his eyes possessed a haunted shade, dimming his normally vivid blue irises.

"What happened?" Percy asked.

"He had a nightmare," Piper said.

Percy nodded in understanding. "I feel you, man."

Jason nodded to him and Annabeth, then took a seat at the table after grabbing a cinnamon bagel from the counter.

Annabeth laid her hand on his wrist. "You okay?"

Jason waved her away as if trying to convince himself he was fine. "I'm alright, don't worry. It was just a stupid dream."

Annabeth nodded, concern still evident on her face, but turned back.

Frank, Hazel and Piper gradually made themselves breakfast and joined them at the table, increasing their numbers to the unfolding silence.

No one spoke.

Leo joined them shortly after another few minutes. "'Ello loves!" he said cheerfully. "Well, it's a gorgeous day outside! The sun is shining! No sea monsters in sight, and everyone...."he faltered off when he finally noticed the rest of the seven at the table. "Is looking down in the dumps."