truth or dare ((3rd pov))

C.B. and kwazii made a huge plate of fish biscuits, and had the rest of the octonauts join them to eat and play truth or dare. "Ok. Truth or dare, peso?" Dashi queried, sitting on the HQ floors. "Truth please, dashi." Peso waddled over to the group,and plopped down into a sitting position. "Is it true that you like shellington?" Peso frozen, and glanced over to the captain, whom was sitting oddly close to kwazii.

"W-well, as a friend, y-yes.." peso stammered, fiddling with his hat. Dashi smirked playfully, before shellington broke the award silence. "Hey captain, truth or dare." He asked so assuring, not breaking eye contact. "Uh, truth Shelly." C.B. announced, toying around with his compass, before realizing what exactly shellinhton had questioned. "What was your childhood like?" C.B. frozen in place, as he was being pulled into a flashback.

        ....Flashback....

  Steven (C.B.'s dad) came home after another day of drinking, and tumbled in through the doorway. He hit C.B.'s mom with a shattered whiskey bottle, causing her to bleed. C.B. dashed into his room, and hid underneath his only blanket, as he did every night before Steven would burst in, and slap him with a belt. He'd always told barnacles that he'll never amount to anything, and he should go and drown, for being gay.

His mother didn't fully understand why he liked men, but she still supported, rather than teaming up with Steven and helping him beat barnacles...

      ...flashback over...

C.B. felt hot tears run down his face, finishing his story. "O-...OH captain, I'm so sorry for asking.." shellington muttered, coming in close for a hug, along with the rest of the team. Kwazii gently stroked barnacles' back in a comforting way.

Just then, inkling slithered in, and took up the plate of fish biscuits and questioned:"Who wants a fish biscuit?" The room went silent before kwazii hopped up and began jumping around childishly. "OOH! ME! ME!" C.B. and the others began to laugh, and everything went back to being fun, rather than sad.

C.B. and the rest of the crew went to bed, for it was late.

C.B. tossed and turned, with the memories of Steven (his dad) lashing out on him with his belt. The painful snaps that made his ears ring, the marks that were scattered across his body, the constant invalidation.. it hurt so much.. C.B. shot up in an instant, being freed from his literal nightmare.

((Omg. Also, by the way this chapter idea was given to me by, yet again, my bestie/lover, captain_kwazii, whom had came up with this. This. Above me. Lord show me how to say no to this-))