Chapter 05

Silence envelopes the whole classroom, save from the distant growling and screams from outside. Most of us were sitting around the classroom, some are standing but one thing is common to all of us. Dread and Fear.

"Are you still awake?" I heard Jihyun's voice as she lightly nudge my foot with hers. I hummed, not having enough energy to speak.

I'm hungry. I didn't even finish my lunch earlier because of the stupid asshole. My poor tonkatsu.

I could hear rustling caused by sudden movement but I didn't bother to check it out, "Let's call the cops again. Get them to listen."

"I am but they won't pick up." I heard On-jo said.

"Yah! Do something. Tell Ms. Park to come and help." Silence.. "Do something."

"Do what exactly?" The sound of his voice is when I only peak to see what the commotion is all about.

"Simp." I heard Jihyun whispers to which only the two of can hear. I kick her foot.

"I don't know! Anything!" Nayeon exasperated. Aish! Her voice makes my head hurt even more.

Nayeon turn to Nam-ra, "What have you done as class president?"

Nam-ra stood up, keeping eye contact with Nayeon, "Teacher's office? So you just want me to leave now?"

"Well, if you're offering." Nayeon responded with harsh tone.

"You told me to do something. Do you want me to leave?" Nam-ra stated with mocking voice.

"Stop it, you two. She's only saying that because you're the class president." On-jo butted in.

"Yeah. You are right?" Dae-su second the motion.

Woojin, who's clinging to Dae-su added, "So just be patient okay?"

When Nam-ra turn to them, Woojin push Dae-su's face to the side, avoiding her gaze. At this moment, I went back to hiding my face on my arm. I'm not really in the mood for some drama. I'm wallowing for my lost food.

"So stupid. Typical." Okay, they're not stopping at any moment now.

"What's typical?" I heard On-jo asks.

"Now that we are in this mess, I'm your class president?"

"Unnie! I've heard you're the president of your class." I suddenly hear my own voice inside my head, the voice of the reality becoming muffled---like I'm under the water until it turn into a distant static.

"I am but that was because of Mom. I don't even want to become the class president. The kids don't see me as one." I force my eyes tightly shut, burying my face on my arms more.

"You know you don't have to force yourself to do something for Mom especially if you don't want to?" Stop.

"I know but I don't have a choice. I don't want to be a disappointment."

"You're not. I'm proud of you. You can never disappoint me."

I flinch when I felt a tap on my back, "Minra."

I raised my head, confused when she suddenly pull me up and closer to the others, "I told you to not fall asleep."

"I didn't." I said but she didn't answer me. Her eyes train to the front.

I follow where she's looking to only see Coach Kang on the door. When did he get here? Did I really fell asleep?

An awkward silence took over, just us staring at each other by seconds. That was until Coach Kang asks, "Are you guys okay?"