Chapter 23

Special thanks to s_myia for creating our amazing book cover. Thank you and I love you. *Sending kisses and hugs*

***
Third Person's POV

"It has been five hours, she still wasn't waking up." Joon-yeong commented as they watch them from the other side of the rooftop.

They relocated Minra near the railings of the rooftop since Jimin wouldn't stop complaining that she will turn and attack them. They laid a blanket to the ground while Wujin insisted that he could let Minra to use his thigh as a pillow, the former leaning his back on the railings while his fingers are inbetween Minra's hair. Su-hyeok sat on Minra's feet while Nam-ra pulled a chair beside Su-hyeok. They were all quiet, just staring at the space as they await the lass to wake up.

"Our Wujinnie has grown up," Dae-su commented as he stare particularly to Wujin, wiping his fake tears, "I can't believe he can get a girl now."

"I know right, I thought he would never act on his feelings," Joon-yeong agreed.

"I don't know but she's been unconscious for five hours. If I don't know any better, I would say she's dead." the bespectacled guy said after a minute of silence, adjusting his eyeglasses as he stare at Minra's unmoving body.

Although the color on her skin is getting a bit better as time passes by, she remains unmoving like dead.

"She's breathing, though," Dae-su commented, "Maybe her powers is just taking so long to take effect."

Joon-yeong just deadpanned at him, "You really believe in your theory of Minra being a superhuman, huh?"

Dae-su shrug, "Maybe. Why not?"

From the other side of the rooftop, Wujin is dozing off but everytime his head will fall, he would jolt back and will sit straight, the process repeating a couple of times before Su-hyeok decided to say anything.

"Wujin-ah," he called the other lad who flinch and straight back-up, "You can go rest and I'll guard Minra."

"No," Wujin said, stubbornly.

"You're dozing off," Su-hyeok pointed out.

"No, I'm not," the former snapped, his hands unknowningly reaching for Minra's hands that was placed together on top of her stomach.

"Wujin--" whatever Su-hyeok is saying was not heard by Wujin because he suddenly gasp, looking down to Minra.

"Her hands moved..." it was so low but Nam-ra heard, her head snapping to their direction as she stood up, kneeling beside her twin sister.

"Minra-yah..." she called her sister lightly.

Minra begins to stir, her eyes moving behind her eyelids. The others flinch and stood up, most of them walking to where Minra's lying down while two of them stayed rooted on their position.

Her sense of hearing was the first to wake up. She heard it. The arguing, the breathing, the pounding of their hearts, the scratching of their shoes in the floor, the distant growls, snarls of the zombies, and the whirring of the helicopters from afar. She could hear it all. It was overwhelming at first, hearing everything the moment you wake up but it blur in the background when her sense of touch followed next. She could feel the hard ground beneath her, the soft fabric on her skin, the warmth on top of her hands and on her foot. Then the next is her sense of smell, mixture of blood and rotting flesh assaults her nose with the underlying scent of sweat. Yet a scent of sandalwood wafted up her nose next, the rich woody scent calming her down.

Her eyes begins to open next, the first thing she sees is the blue sky above her. It was so soft, so blue like they weren't in the end of the world. Then her eyes fell on the worried face of Wujin who is looking down at her, tears gleaming at the corner of his eyes. Then it was her sister next, leaning towards her with a warm smile plastered in her lips, her warm hands softly massaging hers. And them Su-hyeok who had a relieved expression. Looking through behind the three, there are the others; Cheong-san, Dae-su, Joon-yeong, and On-jo, all leaning to see her with a nervous smile.