06

YOU'RE MY SURVIVALYOU'RE MY LIVING PROOF━━━━━━━━━━━━ 

YOU'RE MY SURVIVAL
YOU'RE MY LIVING PROOF
━━━━━━━━━━━━

                  Park Sunghoon left sleeping throughout the whole afternoon right after the appointment and he had never been so exhausted by just sleeping, overthinking felt so exerting, and laying down in bed was so infuriating.

He wouldn't have dreamed this; yet it came to him anyway and that was the most devastating part, reaching home he wanted to throw away everything, those medals, those framed certificates, the trophies. It was all so, so much. He can never look at them again the way he used to.

Achievements? Is it all THE END?

He wanted to punch his legs, he wanted to rage but it all left with his pillow drenched in tears. Those words from the Doctor's mouth kept replaying on repeat, those words were like a knife skinning through his skin.

"Why. . . Why — Why?!" he exclaimed, his eyes hiding from his arm as he just let those tears fall.

Life, you are so unfair.

Just when he was about to fall back to sleep again, or at least he was trying to. He heard a knock on his door, he didn't say anything as it just kept on knocking. An old man wearing formal attire peeked at Sunghoon's door, he was silent for a while before he came in and sat at the edge of Sunghoon's bed.

"Get out. . ." said Sunghoon, still covering his eyes and not bothering to look at the older man.

Silence again. He took a deep breath first before he even dared to speak. "I heard from Jay. . . "

"You heard from Jay yet you didn't hear from the Doctor himself?" replied Sunghoon, the entire day was just so bad, and here was his father trying to make it worse. Where was he when all of this came through? Only at the beginning; it was all at the beginning when he cared, it was only that time when he was present. Hoon just wanted him to leave, his mere presence was sickening.

Why do people are only good, when it's at the beginning? Do they have to wait for the latter to end?

"Sunghoon, — I couldn't make a schedule to leave the stock market meeting with the new partnership, you know that. . ."

"Leave! I said Leave! I don't care how important that is! I don't care what business shit you are going through! That won't make me feel any better!" Sunghoon yelled, he didn't mean to, it just burst out with the anger that consumed him, his chest tightened as he was ready to yell again. "I am in pain! I won't heal! Moms gone! My passion is diminishing! I am suffering and all you ever cared about while I was hurting is the family's business! SO GO and finish your fucking business and leave me alone!"

Silence filled the room again, the atmosphere heavy and gut-wrenching, the latter didn't make any sound as he left Sunghoon's room quietly.

It was better this way; it was better that he wouldn't even show his face to him or even dare to be in his presence. He was the worst.