CHAPTER 6

You sat on board the boat that was taking you to this island. Your uncle had told you the name, but you weren't in the mood to listen to him right now. 

You noticed how he was asleep so you decided to observe everyone on the deck. And to your luck, the boys were here. 

And so was Joe. 

You got up and then went to the railing and admired the view. Your straw  coloured hat moving in the wind, so much so you had to secure it by holding it. 

*Reki POV*

 I was almost in a daze looking at a girl, until-

"Woah! She's hot-!" Langa said standing next to me. "You're so obvious..."

"Like you would know!" I retort back.

"So that's what you like?" Miya said now standing on the other side of me. 

"Don't waste your time, she's not into you. 

"How can you be so sure when I haven't even talked to her yet, stupid-!" I shout frustrated. 

Shadow gestures to the girl and then I take a sharp breathe and start making my way over to her. "Langa, go say hi to her." 

"Why? This is your thing."

"I need a wing man," I hook my arm around his neck. "And that way I look cool and not desperate." 

"Glad you know your weaknesses." Miya says with a smug grin.

"Shut it-!"

"What's the best way to talk to a girl here?" Langa asks. 

"Just ask her some questions, you know?" Reki replies. 

"Like, 'hey girl, you hungry?'" 

"No, she's not you..." 

"This is dumb, we're on a boat from Okinawa, just say she looks familiar or something." Miya says with his hands on his hips. 

"What's that?" The girl says walking over. 

I gulp, "I, um, I know how to skate pretty well-" 

"Uh...Reki?" She says and the boy freezes in shock and the rest of the group laughs. 

"You just hit on Asami-!" Miya says in between laughs. "Oh my gosh this is amazing, so embarrassing-"

"That was brutal!" Shadow says also in a laughing fit. 

"You're gonna be okay." Langa says with his usual monotone voice. 

"Dude I'm not depressed!" 

Asami ends up with a smile on her face but I notice how she seems like she didn't get much sleep again. 

*Back to your POV* 

"Oh hey- what an unpredictable surprise!" Kojiro says. 

"Joe!?" Everyone in the group questions except you who cringes at the fact that he has seen you. 

"Hm? Nice of your dad to bring you here."

"I'm not a chaperone! Trust me, this sucks-" Shadow says in defense. 

"I'm sure..."

"It's time to wake up." You hear carla tell your uncle. 

"I know that voice..." Kojiro says as everyone turns to the source of the voice. 

"Thank you Carla..." Kaoru says as he stands up. 

"Ah great- What the hell are you doing here!?"