CHAPTER 8

Reki heard heavy footsteps outside his front door one evening. This happened about four days after Kaoru had asked where you were. Langa and Reki had made up just yesterday and was about to go and skate. 

He opened the door to see who was there and there you stood, looking bedraggled, hurt and exhausted. 

"Oh my gosh, Asami, are you okay!?" Reki shouts and drops his skateboard to hold you. You instantly gripped tightly onto his hoodie, you were too busy trying to control yourself to not cry that you couldn't even speak. 

Reki keeps his hold on you and he leads you to the couch to sit down. He never lets you go as he takes out his phone and calls Langa, "Hey man, I don't think I'll be able to skate tonight. Asami came home..." He was silent as you heard muffled speaking of Langa on the other side. Reki laughs slightly as Langa obviously freaks out that you are back. "I'll talk to you tomorrow man but don't call Cherry, I'll just take her home."

They said their goodbyes and then Reki got up. You look at him frantically. He must of noticed because he knelt down by the couch in front of you, "Hey, it's okay. I'm just going to tell my mom you are here. I'll be right back. Okay?" He says with a warm smile, his talking soft and reassuring. 

You nod back unsure but you let him go anyway. You listen as he walks to his mom's room and hear talking and movement and then Reki and his mom came into view. "Oh honey, I was so worried! " She goes into hug you and that strong, comforting and motherly hug is what sent you to tears. 

She smelt like home, like honey in tea. Warm and cuddly, just like her son. She sat there on the couch, with you in her arms, patiently. Letting you cry all your built up emotions. Reki was heartbroken by this sight, he couldn't handle it so he walked to the kitchen to make tea for you. Jasmine tea, it was your favorite purely for the fact that your favorite show growing up was Avatar: The last airbender. 

You placed your tea down and you drank it without saying anything but a thank you. That's when Reki's mother spoke up, "Would you like to stay here this evening or would you like to go home?" 

You thought for a bit and then finally said, "I'd like to go home please..." 

His mother smiled, "Of course dear, just let me quickly get changed and then we can take you home." 

"Okay..." 

You look at Reki, who was watching you carefully. "I know I look like a drowned rat, you can stop thinking it." 

Reki first looked shocked and then burst out laughing, "What on earth- I was just wondering what happened." 

"I'll explain that you, I promise. But not today." 

"I didn't expect you to," Reki smiles, "I'm glad you're back, even if you do look like a drowned rat." 

"There it is-" You say before you both end up laughing but your laugh it cut short with a sharp pain in your side. 

"You okay-?" Reki asks concerned. 

You lift your shirt to show the bruise on your side, it covered from your hip to your ribs, turning purples and blues all over. 

"Shit...I have an idea what happened now but I won't ask questions now. I'll shall let your uncles do that." 

Your gaze flicks up quickly as you drop your shirt. "How-" 

But you are interrupted when Reki's mother walked back into the lounge. "Okay just give me the directions." 

You gave her the address and you all got in the car and drove there. When you arrived there, you took a deep breath and the climbed out the car. Reki reassured his mom that he would explain everything and that he'll just take her inside. 

You knocked on the door and no one answered, you waited a bit for a response and that was when you heard bags hit the pathway behind you. You turn around, "Asami...?" Kaoru runs towards you and Kojiro close behind. They engulf you in a hug on the porch and Reki watches with a smile on his face. That's when Joe holds out his hand and Reki takes it only to be pulled into the hug. 

You laugh through your tears as you hear Reki shout from surprise. 

The hug was finish and everyone decides to go inside, but Reki declines. "Thank you, but I think Asami should spend sometime with you guys. I'll see you tomorrow Asami." He says with a small wave and walks back to the car and then very quickly spins back, "Wait- does this mean you two have moved in together finally!??" 

"Goodbye Reki-!" Joe shouts quickly and then walks inside quickly, Kaoru following close behind. You and Reki stand laughing. "Byee!" You both shout at the same time and then go your sperate ways. 

Once the car drives off you go inside and Kaoru stands by the counter, he speaks quietly, "Jiro is running a hot bath for you and some anti-inflammatory cream is on the counter there. Take all the time you want..." 

You feel a tear roll down your face. 

He stepped forward, "I wish your mother was here to help you...but I promise you...I will do everything I can to make up for her not being here." He gentle holds your face and kisses the top of your head. 

Oki so I know I haven't published in like a month, but I got sick and injured on a hike and then was traveling the whole month and school is a bitch rn. and i have exams in a month, Fun-. 

But I'm sorry I didn't publish anything, but i am back for now!