CHAPTER 10

It had been a while since you had been back home. Everyone was trying to go back to normal but there was always this feeling in the air that people were trying to ignore. You had started to go back to school.

You were always alone at the beginning of school. Always.

Reki and Langa were closer. And as much as you were happy for them you were a bit jealous.

You were now the loner.

Sure the boys checked up on you every now and again but they were in their own world talking about skating, chicks and who knows what else.

<3

"Oh my, I truly believed I had found my match, someone who could keep up with me. I was right. It was worth racing you."

Your heart rate sped up even more than it was, going at such high speeds was bad enough but hearing those words come out of his mouth was even more frightening.

"Join me, let's go away to a world only meant for the best!" Those were the last words you heard before both of you sped around a tight corner, right at the cliffs edge.

Right before you fell.

Fell down that cliff, with Koaru watching from the sidelines...

"Hey, are you okay?" Kojiro asked with concern in his voice. Koaru was just behind him, in shock. You didn't answer Kojiro. "So the rumors about him were true after all." Koaru says after a while. "Adam! Why are you doing something like this!?" Koaru shouts at him.

"I truly had my hopes up this time." Adam says, looking down at you on the ground as Kaoru and Kojiro try and help you. "What the hell are you talking about!?' Kojiro shouts at him.

"Isn't there someone out there for me?" Adam says, looking up at the bright moon, acting innocent. "When will I ever find my Eve?"

<3

It was your first night back at S since the incident. Kaoru made sure he was to never leave your side. Although you would rather stay home and sleep, you knew Koaru needed the extra support from you, even if his hunk of a man was right there.

"Look who's in the first group!" One guy says looking at the chart for the tournament.

"Neither of us are facing Adam up front." Joe says as we stand in front of the screen. You were in the middle of your uncles. "I'll get there." Cherry says, sounding determined. "I just have to keep on winning."

"If you're in the top two of your group you'll be able to make it to the main tournament." Says Miya. "That sounds easy enough." Replies Shadow.

"Langa, I thought Reki would be here. But I guess he decided not to enter the tournament after all." Miya says as Langa walks over.

"Yeah, he's not..." Langa says sounded distracted. You frown at this. Did something happen between them? You'll just have to go check on Reki later.

You send him a quick message, "Qualifiers are starting. Reki?"

You'll just have to see what his reply is later.

It was Miya against Adam. Your heart raced. You couldn't have Miya ending up like you, you wouldn't allow it. Then it was Langa's turn. And then...Cherry's turn.

He gives you a reassuring look as he reaches the starting line.

"Carla, what was Adam's time?"

"Four minutes exactly." The AI responds.

....

The next day at school, both boys were on time. Which was strange. But Reki was quiet and didn't even want to respond to Langa when he was talking. Just stared out the window. You nudge Reki's arm. "Hi." He responds begrudgingly.

"Guess what, first rounds done." Langa continues speaking.

"Great.." Reki responds sarcastically. "Not like that has anything to do with me."

Then there was silence. Neither boy spoke to either and you were all alone once again. This time both boys were alone in their own worlds.

That evening your uncle and you were sitting at Kojiro's restaurant after closing time. "I bet Adam's skating alone in the dark. Like a loser." Kojiro says and you have to smile.

"Don't be so ridiculous. Everyone's alone when they practice." Koaru responds irritably.

"It was a metaphor dummy." Kojiro says with the same amount of irritability. "It's like he automatically assumes everyone is his enemy. He doesn't even give anyone a chance to get to know him, It's kinda sad." Kojiro continues.

"How do you know he does that?" You ask curiously.

"It's just a hunch." Kojiro says. Clearly hiding something.

You put your hand over your face. "I can't believe she was a fool enough to ask you." Kaoru says.

Kojiro slams the counter top, "Why are you complaining when it was one of my hunches that found your lost wallet at our social studies trip back in the day!?"

"Oh boy, here they go..." You say to yourself quietly but enjoy the show as your uncle shouts back.

"Well, your cute hunch is not the reason we found it, you led us to a random restaurant in LA!"

"But what about the bar in Paris?!" Kojiro shouts back.

"I created the itinerary for our night out!" Kaoru retorts. 

....

Sorry for not updating for like months...Life has been hectic but here's the newest chapter and I will try post more often again when I have the time. 

And thank you for all the support! it means so much to me xx