Chapter One

*Connor's POV*

My best friend/bandmate, Thomas Silvers and I were driving around the downtown Orlando area for no reason what so ever. We just left this bakery where I bought some cookies for me and my brothers, Riley and Toby because I am such a good brother. Thomas was about to drive me back home when his phone rang.  

"Hey, Connor," he said not taking his eyes off the wheel, "Can you take this call for me? It's my sister." 

"Sure thing!" I said taking his phone from the cup holder he left it in. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Mia, his extremely pretty (but taken), 17-year-old sister. I made no hesitation to answer.  

"Yellow!" I said cheerfully but then regretted it when I heard a muffled sob.  

"Connor?" She said in a voice that sounded like she spent the last hour trying to put herself together.  

"Yeah," I said in a less than peppy tone, "What's wrong?" 

She let a sob escape her lips. I tried to calm her down as best as I could through the phone. I kept glancing over at Thomas, who glanced at me for a second before darting his eyes back to the road.  

"Hey, hey," I said in almost a whisper to her, "Just tell me where you are, and Thomas and I will pick you up." 

"I'm just outside 'The Social.'" She said in a much more composed, but still heart breaking tone.  

"Okay, we'll be there as soon as we can!" I assured her, "Do you want me to stay on the phone with you 'til we're there? It's kinda late for you to be outside 'The Social' by yourself." 

"'The Social?!" Thomas snapped, "What the hell is she doing there?!" 

"Can you tell him I'm fine. I didn't drink or smoke anything. I was just looking for... Rick!" She said before sobbing again. Boyfriend troubles must suck.  

"She's fine," I said to Thomas, "She didn't drink or smoke anything. She was just looking for Rick." 

"What. Did. Rick. Do?" He said angrily through his teeth. I noticed him speeding up a bit as he changed paths to get to that tiny nightclub.  

"Hey, you still there?" I asked awkwardly.  

"Mmmhmm," she sniffled.  

"Hey listen to me," I said in the most calming voice I could come up with, "Tom and I are almost there. Just hang on a bit more!" 

"Okay," she said miserably, "And tell Thomas that I'll explain everything when you guys get here." 

"Okay, I'll tell him," I sighed, "Just don't hang up." 

I spread the word to Thomas and he still didn't look happy. I spent half my time looking around the area to find the place and half the time trying to comfort Mia. I've known her just as long as I knew Thomas, but we were never really close. The most I know about her is that she's Thomas's favorite sister, she's really smart, can probably charm her way into anything. She's also really nice, and loves her brother to death, so it bugs me that she is somehwere crying her eyes out 

As we got close to 'The Social,' Tom and I noticed there was no way we could park somewhere or even find a space where we can pick her up. It was extremely crowded, but then again it was a Friday night. 

"Connor, can you get out and find her while I try to find a place to park? Sorry I have to ask." Thomas sighed, trying to find a way to maneuver around the cars and drunk people.  

"No problem." I said stepping outside of the car,leaving the phone on speaker so Thomas can talk to her. The cops wouldn't notice me doing this, nor did I really care. I found my way to the sidewalk and walked around, trying to find the nightclub. I found 'The Social' and it was just across the street. I ignored the fact that I was jaywalking at like ten pm, and tried to find my best friend's sister.