Chapter Two

So uh here's chapter two. Enjoy. And if you like it (or don't), tell me in a comment. I want some criticism! :) 

-K 

-------------------------------------

*Connor's POV* 

"Go away Thomas!" She said annoyed and still didn't turn.  

"It's not Thomas." I said quietly, "Can I come in? I brought cookies!" 

"Oh!" Mia said surprised and turned around to see me, "Hey Connor, uh sure come in!"

*Mia's POV*  

I turned around in my bed to see that it was Connor, not Thomas at my door. I mentally kicked myself for being rude to him, "Hey Connor, uh sure come in!" 

He smiled and came in. It was so weird to see Connor in my room. I've always seen him with Thomas and their friends whenever he was here. And now he's here sitting on my bed with a bag of cookies. I sat up and scooted closer to him.  

"Um so what brings you here?" I asked curiously.  

"Just wanted to make sure you were okay. You seemed pretty pissed at Thomas." 

"Yeah sorry you had to see that." I said sheepishly, "It's just that he's always in my business on who I see. I'm not a little girl anymore." 

"Well I know that," he said grinning at me, "But think of it like this, if I had a younger sister, and she was your age, maybe a little younger I wouldn't let ANY of my guy friends near her!" 

"Is this supposed to make me feel better about my brother?" I said raising my eyebrow at him.  

"Is it working?" He mumbled.  

"A bit." I admitted, "So what is my brother doing?" 

"Uh he might possibly be on the phone with someone." He said tensing up.  

"Would that someone be Rick?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.  

"Maybe..." He said in a singsong voice.  

"Connor..." I said holding out the 'or' in his name.  

"Yeah it's him. He called Thomas and he doesn't want you to hear." 

"Great." I mumbled.  

"What? You're not gonna try and find out what he's saying?" 

"I'm tired." I said bored, "Plus you'd probably try and stop me."  

"True." He admitted, "I'm sorry he cheated on you." 

"It's not your fault," I sighed.  

"I know," he said scooting closer to me so he can wrap an arm around my shoulder, "But still it sucks seeing you hurting." 

"It sucks hurting," I said wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head on his shoulders.  

"Anything I can do to help?" He asked.  

"How 'bout punching Rick in the face, that would make me a little less sad." I joked.  

"Trust me I already want to punch him. How 'bout I hold him back and you take a swing at him." He offered sarcastically.  

"Sounds like a plan," I said grinning.  

"Mia?" He said in barely a whisper.  

"Mmm?" I said keeping my eyes closed 

"You could have done so much better than him." He said squeezing my shoulder.  

"Thanks, Connor." I sighed.