Chapter Five

Okay I know this took forever to upload but I was literally jammed with a bunch of school work and school hasn't even started yet. Shout out to you guys for actually bearing with my lack of updates. Love you all xx

*Connor's POV*

Thomas drove up to the front of Mia's school, where other cars stood waiting for the students to leave. People started leaving the school, but no Mia. Ten minutes went by, and still no sign of her. She didn't answer the texts Tom and I sent to her. Did she forget we were supposed to get her? Twenty minutes passed and we were stuck in the parking lot feeling like idiots.

"Where is she?" I groaned.

"I would love to know that," Thomas sighed, "Hey look there's Baylee. Maybe she knows."

I looked out my window to see Braiden's younger sister walking with her friends. I rolled down the window so I could get her attention.

"Baylee!" Tomas and I called out.

She turned to Thomas's car to see us waving at her. She looked to her friends, the began walking towards the car. She gave us a warm smile that looked almost like the one her brother always gives us.

"Hey guys," she said cheerfully, "What's up?"

"Have you seen Mia? We've been waiting here for almost half and hour." I asked.

"Not since Physics," she said innocently.

"Oh," Thomas said with a hint of disappointment, "Thanks anyway."

"Wait, I think I might have seen here go to the amphitheater with Anna and Matt!" She said quickly.

"Don't know who they are or where that is but okay," I said relived we wouldn't have to look too far for her, "Thanks Baylee!"

"No problem," she said cheerfully, "Have fun in Brazil, you guys!"

"We will," Thomas said, "Thanks again. We'll let you go back to your friends."

"Thanks," she said backing away to reunite with her friends again, "See ya guys!"

"See ya Baylee," we said in creepy unison once again.

"Such a sweet girl," Thomas stated.

"Just like her brother," I added.

"Mia on the other hand is nothing like me," Thomas laughed.

"Why because she has an IQ over 80?" I joked.

"Haha you are so funny," he said completely unamused, "As I was saying, she is nothing like me. For one, she is completely impulsive."

"And you aren't?" I said feeling the sudden need to annoy him.

"Not as impulsive as her," he corrected (which was true), "Also, she takes forever to get ready."

"Says the guy who took almost two hours to get ready when he took up residence in my house," I reminded, enjoying playing the devil's advocate.

"Let me talk dammit!" He snapped, "Where was I? Oh yeah, don't forget, Mia is also-"

"Taller than you!" I interjected knowing it would push his buttons.

"Listen you little shit," he started off, "If you and your little bullshit don't stop, you and your sassy mouth are going to be walking home. Got it?!"

"Woah, just take it easy man!" I said waving my arms in front of him.

"Do not start quoting 'Drake and Josh' on me!" He snapped again, "Oh and remember, you're shorter than Riley."