Chapter 12 "SCP-087 5th Exploration Log"

This document has been classified as Top Secret by order of The Administrator.

Access by unauthorized personnel is strictly prohibited.

The following text is an excerpt from the SCP-087 5th Exploration Log with Addendums.

-----

The exploration team consisted of 5 people of Chinese descent, randomly selected from the SCP Foundation CN Division MTF Red Ying Squad, numbered H1-H5, with H1 serving as the exploration team leader.

The exploration team is equipped with five 500-watt searchlights that can maintain 72 hours of power, two handheld video cameras, a 50-meter-long rope, a small hydraulic clamp, and some detoxification drugs.

Each team member is also equipped with a backpack containing two bottles of water, 10 nutritional supplements, 10 small LED lights. In addition, each carries a Colt pistol, an MP5 submachine gun, and a headset capable of communicating with the command room.

[Recording Starts]

Advisor ████: Are you ready?

H1: No problem, advisor.

Advisor ████: Remember, your mission is to rescue, and when you see people, carry them without saying a word and run, and ignore everything else.

H1: Understood.

H1 led his team through the iron door into the first step. Despite the 500-watt searchlight, the light can still only shine on the first few steps. The next level is entirely invisible. The exploration team began to move in a five-person search strategy, H2 the most forward to explore, H5 break back, H1 in the second position in the center of command. They've reached the first platform.

H1: Advisor, we found a bloodstain.

Advisor ████: I see it. Keep going until you come across something else unusual.

The exploration team continued down the line and stopped after traveling to the sixth or so platform.

H1: Advisor, we have heard a distress call.

Advisor ████: Please describe the sound.

H1: It seems to be a child, shouting "come down" "help me" kind of voice, intermittent, we can't hear it clearly.

Advisor ████: Got it, keep exploring.

H1: Understood!

The team continued down to the twentieth platform.

H1: Report, I think there was something wrong with the sound when we started to hear it, it was about 200 meters away according to us, so far, we don't seem to be close to it, it seems like every time we go down a step, it went down deeper.

Advisor ████: Normal phenomenon, do not make a fuss.

Whispered to the person next to me: Don't your team members do their homework?

Dr. ████: By order of The Administrator, they have not read about SCP-087 before.

Advisor ████: Bullshit order, it's too late to read it when you're already in it - eh, don't bump on each other, who was it? Keep on going!

H1: Understood!

Arrived on the forty-eighth platform.

H1: Report, one of the four strings of bloody footprints is fading away.

The camera was brought down. As you can see, as H1 said, the string of footprints is about to disappear.

Advisor ████: There must be a monster when things go wrong, on your guard, and keep moving.