Chapter 6 : Ice to meet you

3rd p.o.v

Adeline was at her best friend's house for a sleepover, it was currently 10 pm. Her name was Madison, she was small, really small. Around 5 feet, she looked like she was 12 years old with her round and beautiful face. They knew each other since they were both 7 and were inseparable since then.

"Please pretty please, Del! Just for this time."

"You say that all the time and yet you ask me again."

Madison was trying to convince Adeline to help her with her photography project. It wasn't the first time that this happened and even though Adeline wasn't interested in playing the model, she would do anything for her best friend.

"And you say yes all the time! You're like a pro now!" Adeline lets out a sigh. "Oh come on, I know that deep down you love it!" She paused, looking at the look on her friend's face. "Okay maybe not but please, it wouldn't take long and it would help me get into the best school for photographers."

Madison looks at her with hope in her eyes. "Okay! Okay, I will!"

"Yay, thank you, Del, I swear you won't regret it!" She throws her arms around Adeline's tall figure, squeezing her with all of her strength.

"Yeah, you owe me one!" Adeline says joking

"I'll buy you those rainbow doughnuts in Brooklyn that you love... When I get accepted into photography school because of my amazing talent, I'll take you out for a drink!"

"You're 15 Maddy."

"That's okay, we'll go to Canada!" They both laugh at Madison's quirky jokes.

"On a more serious note, how are you holding up with this new life?" Madison asks. She knew that Adeline was adopted but she didn't know that her dad was a superhero.

"Well you know, at first it was a bit weird but Steve is cool! I've shown him that cool library we go to and he loved it!"

"Nice, I'm happy for you! I want to meet him soon!"

"You will I promise."

The phone rang through the house. Madison's parents weren't there so she went to answer.

"Hey, mom!" Adeline hears her best friend's mother's frantic voice through the phone. "Yeah mom, chill. I'm with Adeline at home...What's going on?"

Madison turns to Adeline. "Open the TV, something happened." She takes the remote and put the news channel

"And tonight for your daily news; An explosion occurred in one of the subway lines in Manhattan, close to the Stark Tower, now known as the Avengers Tower. Fortunately, there were no deaths but there were still a few people that got hurt. The attack still hasn't been claimed yet but we have an idea of who might be behind this terrible act. A special logo was drawn on a wall close to the explosion, some sort of red skull with six tentacles. Our experts have informed us that it represented a Nazi organization called Hydra back in time. We have tried to call S.H.I.E.L.D for more information but none of our calls have been answered."

"Holy shit."

╚»★«╝ • ╚»★«╝ ╚»★«╝ • ╚»★«╝

Avengers Tower, Lounge

Steve was reading the newspaper. He was aware that he could've turned the television on but the paper used for the journal reminded him of his life back in time. It gave him a sense of familiarity and security. Being so caught up in the news of the brand new iPhone 5s, he didn't hear the ding of the elevator.