Epilogue

4 months later

4 months later

Adeline had grown significantly in the last few months. After the whole ordeal in New York, the girl had lost Mark to the blast, but thankfully, the police had managed to find and disarm every single bomb, and Jenna was safe and sound.

They held a small ceremony for Mark's funeral and the city held a national funeral for all the bombing victims. Adeline was saddened by Mark's death, but a small part of her wondered if it was meant to be. Jenna was doing well, starting a new chapter of her life as a nurse. She absolutely loved her job and being able to help those in need gave her a new purpose.

She and Steve now lived in Washington D.C. where she finished her education online and he worked for Shield. It took a while to convince him, but Adeline was eventually allowed to join him on some missions, her being a valuable asset to the Division.

She talked every day to Peter and Bianca, the latest now in an internship for the New York Shield office. She missed her friends sometimes, but she was glad to be in Washington, the change of scenery helped her move on and feel better. She also absolutely loved their new apartment, which she had taken pleasure to decorate from top to bottom.

After sustaining the blast, Adeline felt different. She couldn't quite understand what it was exactly, but she knew it had changed her. She sometimes caught her eyes changing color in the low light of her bathroom, but wondered if she was just imagining things. Adeline had yet to mention it to her father, as she didn't want to worry him and also hoped it was just something that would pass. She was also afraid to mention it to Shield, because what if they would experiment on her as Hydra did?

"It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." — Rose Kennedy