Chapter 14 : You wont lose any of us

"Do you want anything? Coffee, Tea?"

"No, thank you." Steve politely declined. Adeline and him were siting in the Morgan's living room with Madison's parents who looked like they hadn't slept in days. Madison was declared missing the day before and since then, S.H.I.E.L.D were going through every satellite, trying to find her like they did for Loki last year.

"How are you holding up?" Adeline asked her best friend's mother.

"I'm going to be okay." She paused, touching her lips with her trembling fingers. "As long as I've got hope." Her husband patted her knee supportingly.

"I'm so sorry that you have to go through this... That she has to go through this." Adeline stopped herself in fear of breaking down in front of them.

Steve spoke for her instead. "We have the best team looking for her at this moment. As soon as we have a lead, we will check it out."

Right as he said this, his phone rang. He had received a message from Tony. "Sorry, duty calls. Addie, we have to go." The look Steve gave her convinced her to get up and so did Madison's parents.

She hugged Maddy's father and then went to her mom. "I promise that I will make him pay. Whoever did this." Adeline said taking her hands

"Don't neglect yourself while trying to save her, okay? I love you so much Adeline, I can't lose you both." She said with tears in her eyes.

"You won't lose any of us."