Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 - Our rights

« Ladies, please take a seat

« Ladies, please take a seat."

All the girls did what they have been commanded to do, saying nothing, only the sound of the fireplace and the chairs could be heard. Like their beds, their places on the table were definitive. It was a long and large table, Miss. Isabella at the front of it, her girls facing each other. Y/N, particularly, was in the middle of two girls. One with blond short hair, if she remembered her name right, it was Annie. On her left was a girl who seemed like she couldn't wait to eat, drool on the corner of her mouth, it was Sasha. In front of her was a dark-haired girl, with a really tired, or shy, face. Mikasa was in the middle of a girl named Nanaba, and on her right, Hange.

Y/N hoped that she will make some friends here, she was not here for that, she knew it, but she will be here for 4 years, it was a really long time to pass alone. On the other hand, she hoped that their uniform will change when they'll grow up. Those dresses are way too formal, and their colors are so tern, it was depressing. She already missed her clothes. Well, it could have been worse. It's just a brown dark dress with a white shirt, it was ok.

"Now now, I'm really happy to have our first diner together, ladies. One rule here, do not talk, it's not polite at all, even more when you will find a proper husband. It is their right and their duties to make the discussion, you just have to have a good attitude, like this."

Ms. Isabella showed them how to maintain their back, their hands, how to eat food, even how to drink. Y/N had no idea there were ways to drink. And on top of that, they must not talk? At all?  Why is it the husband who have the right to expl-

" -himself?  I'm sorry ma'am, but I don't understand. I have a lot to tell, I read a lot, I know a lot of things, my knowledge could help people, or interest people. My "husband" may be a bigger fool than I am, who knows ?"

Again, everyone went speechless towards her words. Of course, it was her again.

"Miss Zoë, you have to know that you don't own this place, you have nothing to say, but you have to listen carefully, you have to learn. You'll not change the things the way they are, is that clear?" said a pissed Miss. Isabella, already tired of Hange's behavior.

"I want to be equal to my promise person, I don't want to make a fool of myself towards friends or guests, being here without saying a word, just being someone's wife. I think it is not ethic at all."

Miss. Isabella let out a little laugh, clearly mocking Hange's words, "Equal, huh? Don't be ridiculous dear, I think that you read too much at this point. Life is not a fiction; this place will learn it to you."

Hange let out a long sigh, taking a bite of her food, "If you want to live your life like this, it's your choice, ma'am. I do want to learn things here, but I do not want to learn how to become a good slave."

The teacher went red, standing up and pointing at the rebellious girl, "That's enough, Miss Zoë! Go to your bed, you are deprived of dinner."

What? Did she had the right to do this? Ok, Hange went a little too hard with her words towards a teacher, but not letting her eat? Contrary to what she thought, Hange replied nothing to her punishment, she just stood up, and left the dinner room without a word. Miss Isabella sigh when she left, sitting down again, "Excuse me for this girls, you may continue to eat, in silence."