Chapter 37

After a long time of sitting around, harry by my side, i made a choice. i've been contemplating over this for months, ever since donna showed up. i was too weak for all this and i needed time, by myself. i needed time to get my head straight, to get the meds i need in order to get better from my leukemia. as much as i didn't want to do this i had to beg for my mothers forgivness. i'm still underage, and i can't handle all of this on my own. i was tired of being homeless and tired of depending on other people. my mom could help pay for my meds, and i could have my old room back which i miss so dearly. i miss knowing i actually lived somewhere, belonged in someplace. i don't know if she would accept me right away, we had a pretty big fight, but i have to try, i can't throw my life away. i'll finish high school living in my mom's house, get a job, and move into an apartment close to my college. i have a lot of stress, but i think i thought this through pretty well.

i got up and harry looked at me, puzzled.

"goodbye, harry."

"what?"

"i'm leaving, i'm going home."

"you can't go back to your wicked mum, she's insane."

"i'm tired of having to depend on you all the time, i'm tired of having donna push me around and making me feel useless. if all she wants is you, she can have you, i'm tired."

"what, so you're just giving up on me just like that?"

"harry... we are going down different paths, i'm still a teenager, who needs her mother, who needs a solid shelter, who needs to focus on school, who needs to get medication for this illness before it eats me alive, and it's just too much to handle on my own-"

"rox, you have me, i'll pay for everything, i will provide you with support, a solid home, and love."

"harry, no, we're both too young to have these many responsibilities, my decision is final harry. i'm going." i sighed.

"what if she doesn't take you in, huh? what will you do then?" he said raising his voice.

"well right now my mind is set on her accepting me, i'm her daughter-"

"she's a lunatic, she doesn't give a damn if your her daughter."

"goodbye harry."

"roxanne, if you walk out that door, you can never come back."

"well it's a risk i'm willing to take."

harry turned away, frustrated, he started panting, and next thing i knew his fist was on the wall. i jumped at the sound, and got frightened at his bleeding knuckles. i didn't want to leave harry like that, but i had to. my tears came rushing in, but i turned away. i grabbed my bag and walked out the door, and i didn't plan on coming back any time soon. harry will be fine without me.

-----------------

it's a really short chapter because i didn't want you guys to wait any longer. the chapters will probably be shorter, but they will explain everything in the story. love you all (: