Prologue

Y/N has always been a part of the Madrigal family ever since she was 5. Her parents died when she was 3, causing her to jump from home to home. She ended up staying at a young couple's house, for a long while until a little Madrigals ceremony. When young Camilo Madrigal turned 5, the Madrigal family hosted a gifting ceremony. Y/N's temporary guardians got the young girl ready, dressing her up in a short red dress, with a red bow in her hair. The place was crowded with people, all talking and eating the paisteries that were out on the tables. Once everybody arrived at the casita, an elderly woman appeared on the steps. Abuela.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming and celebrating our young Camilo Madrigal and his future gift." the woman started.

Abuela had gray hair and some wrinkles on her face from aging. She was wearing a comfortable looking outfit, holding a bright burning candle in her hand.

"This year our casita has decided to give Camilo and the family a companion, who will also receive a gift tonight." The elderly woman said, causing some people to gasp in shock or excitement.

At first nothing happened, but then a gust of wind blew in young Y/N's hair, indicating that the casita had decided. The girl looked back at her temporary parents, who were telling her to walk forward. Y/N shyly walked up towards the old woman, who led her to her door that was glowing a bright orangey-yellow, making Y/N admire the beautiful color. She looked over to the young Madrigal boy standing next to her as he put his small hand on the door knob.

The doors glowed a bright yellow then dimmed down a bit. Camilo just looked at the crowd then suddenly shapeshifted into his older sister, Delores. He looked down at himself then back up at his family before a huge wide smile grew on his face. The small child shapeshifted into many different people, some elders, young children in the crowd and Y/N, before turning back into himself.

The young girl took a breath before her hand started to glow a slight red, making things around her float, including some people. Her smile grew as she put them down, and everyone started clapping. Y/N turned to Camilo, using her powers to lift him off the ground, spinning him around. The young boy giggled in excitement as he was being twirled around.
"We have new gifts!" Abuela announced to the crowd as it erupted in cheers. The two young kids look at each other before smiling and enjoying the rest of the night.