Chapter One

Chapter One
No One's POV
Y/N was woken up by a loud beeping sound from her alarm clock. She turned it off and laid in her bed until she remembered that it was Antonio's big day. She jumped out of bed, quickly changing and running down the stairs. Y/N was running so quickly that she wasn't looking where she was going and ran right into Mirabel. Mirabel was in her usual outfit, a dress with butterflies and flowers embroidered onto the fabric. She looked at the girl rushing to get to her destination and asked, "Are you ok? Where were you going in such a hurry?" Y/N caught her breath before answering, "I promised Pepa that I would help decorate for Antonio's ceremony, and I woke up later than I wanted."

"Well I'm sure she won't mind if you're a little late, Y/N." The girl nodded before entering the kitchen, saying hello to tío Félix as he left the room. "Tía Pepa, I'm so sorry that I am late." the girl said, picking up the box of party decorations from the counter.

"Don't worry about it, I know you, and I know you like to help, but I don't want you to make promises to people and push yourself too much, okay?" Y/N nodded and said goodbye to Pepa as she walked out of the room, using her powers to lift the decorations, placing them where they go. As she finished decorating, Mirabel caught her attention and called her over, "Could you help me set the tables?" she asked as the two girls walked over to the drawers. When the girls were setting up the tables, three children from the village popped up from the bushes nearby.

"Hey! When's the magic gift happen?" one of the kids shout, causing Mirabel to smile and roll her eyes before answering

"My cousin's ceremony is tonight." Mirabel answered, placing more plates down at the table. Antonio and Y/N are really close, they always have been. When Camilo couldn't babysit his little brother, she always offered to help, playing with him when he was too young to leave the house and taking him out into the town and spending time with him when he got a little older. "What's his gift!" another kid shouted, causing Y/N to answer this time, "We're gonna find out!"

One kid wiped his mouth, looking like he was hyped up on sugar, but he had a mug in his hands so she guessed it was coffee. "What's your gift!?" Mirabel and Y/N shared a look before answering the kids question with a question. "Who's asking?"

"Us!" They answered in unison, causing Y/N to chuckle, "Well, 'us,' she can't just talk about herself, she's only part of the amazing Madrigals." These kids, they always have new questions everyday, sometimes she wonders if they meet up and make new ones. "Who's all the amazing Madrigals!?" Before the young girl could answer, she saw Pepa looking around with a worried expression on her face. "Hey Mirabel, I'm going to leave you here with these kids and go see what's happening with Pepa." She nodded in response, letting Y/N know it was fine and she walked over to Pepa.

"Pepa? Are you okay?" the girl asked, wondering what the problem was, "I can't find Camilo, he said he would help with some of the decorations, do you think you could help me find him?" Pepa responded, earning a nod from Y/N.

Y/N had a feeling she knew where he was, normally Y/N would go there to be alone and have some peace and quiet, but Camilo goes there for many different reasons. For example, if he just pulled a prank on Dolores...no I think that could be the only other reason, to hide from Dolores. Y/N found Camilo sitting underneath a tree looking out at the sunset, it was only a few more hours until Antonio's gifting ceremony.

"What are you doing here?" she asked as she sat down beside the boy, "Thinking." he answered simply, "About what, stupid." Y/N said, poking his arm playfully. "Thinking that you still have two wishes left." Wishes? Y/N quickly racked her brain to remember a time when she had three wishes. "Wishes?" She asked, still not remembering anything about wishes. "I'm just saying, here I am, what are your other two wishes?" Camilo smiled at her as the young girl's cheeks started to heat up. "Did you just use a pick up line on me?"

"Yes I did, and it seems to have worked because you're blushing." Camilo said, leaning closer to the girl's face, making her heart race. Y/N was stunned for a second before remembering why she went to find him in the first place. "By the way, Pepa is looking for you. She said that you promised to help decorate for Antonio's ceremony tonight." Camilo's eyes instantly went wide, remembering that he did in fact say he would help decorate. "Crap! I got to go, I hope to see you soon cariño." he said and ran back to the casita. As Y/N made her way to the front of la casa Madrigal, she saw Mirabel and the kids from earlier but...more?

"Mirabel! Delivery!" A guy said, causing the group of people to turn to the voice. "I gave you the special, since you're the only Madrigal kid with no gift." he said, handing the basket of party decorations and supplies to Maribel. "I call it the 'Not Special, Special' since, uh, you have no gift." Y/N sent glares his way, not happy about this encounter. "Thanks." Mirabel said through her teeth, holding the fake smile up. "Oh, and tell Antonio good luck. The last gift ceremony was a bummer. The last one being yours, that did not work." the guy finished, walking away.

"If I was you, I'd be really sad." one kid said, looking up at Maribel in pity. The smile on Maribel's face was getting a little harder to keep up, but she did. "Well, my little friend, I am not, because the truth is, gift or no gift, I am just as special as the rest of my family." The group looked back at the house, then back at Mirabel. "Maybe your gift is being in denial."

Mirabel and Y/N walked in the casita, Y/N worried that Maribel needed help because she was struggling to hold the heavy basket. "Are you sure you don't need me to help?" she asked, keeping her hands hoverd under the basket, in case it fell. "I'm positive, why don't you go find Camilo, I bet he's wondering where you are." Mirabel suggested, earning a confused look from the girl next to her. As Mirabel walked away, Y/N was left there alone, until she spotted a curly haired shapeshifter.

"Camilo, we need another José." Abuela said, causing the young shapeshifter to turn into a second José. "José!" Before Y/N could make it all the way up the stairs, a strong gust of wind started to knock her back. "My baby's night has to be perfect, and it's not perfect, and people are going to be coming, and nothing's ready." Tia Pepa spirald, causing a tornado to form. "You're tornadoing the flowers! The flowers!" Tio Félix shouted but was interrupted by Isabela getting everyone's attention. "Did someone say flowers?" she said as she gracefully used her powers to get her on the ground. "Our angel, our angel."

"Please don't clap." Isabela said to the crowd as she handed Pepa a bouquet of flowers, causing her mood to lighten, making it sunny again. "Thank you." the woman said. "Oh it's nothing." Isabela whipped her hair off her shoulder accidentally hitting Y/N in the face. "Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there." she apologized, getting a smile in return. "Do you happen to know where my sister went, by any chance?" Y/N nodded before answering, "Yeah, she went to help decorate the house but I think she stopped to see Julieta first."

After Isabela left, Y/N walked up the stairs towards Camilo. "Hola Camilo." she said, waving to get his attention. "Ah, Y/N I was looking for you. I was wondering if-" Camilo started to say but was cut off by Abuela yelling, "Clean your rooms! I don't care how big they are." Y/N smiled before telling the young shapeshifter she had to go clean her room now.

After she left Camilo groaned, yelling at himself saying that he should have been quicker to speak.

"One hour!" Abuela announced to the whole house, startling Maribel, causing her to knock over the candle and burn the flower decoration. "Maybe, you should leave the decorations to someone else?" Abuela said, popping up out of nowhere.

"No, I actually made these as a surprise for you, oh." Mirabel said as she held the burnt decoration up realizing there was still a little bit of fire left. "Mirabel, I get that you want to help, but tonight must go perfectly. The whole town relies on our family, on our gifts. So, the best way for some of us to help, is to step aside. Let the rest of the family do what they do best. Okay?" Abuela said, her words hurting Maribel.

Mirabel hid her pain away with a smile, nodding to her Abuela before a gust of wind flooded through the casita. "Pepa! You have a cloud!" Abuela yelled through the wind, 'I know mamá, but now I can't find Antonio! What do you want from me?" the young woman hollard back, her storm cloud thundering before walking away. As Mirabel walked away agonizingly, she overheard her mamá and abuela's conversation.

"Mamá, be nice to Mirabel, okay? You know tonight will be hard for her." Julieta said, feeling bad for her daughter, only to receive a not so caring response, "If the gift ceremony doesn't go well this time, tonight will be hard for us all."