Chapter Eight

No One's POV
Silence. That's all that Camilo heard as he watched his best friend, the love of his life, fall and get buried beneath the rubble of the building he called home. He felt numb, standing there as he stared at the broken casita. "Mirabel! Mirabel, are you hurt?" Julieta asked as she cupped her face slightly. Camilo snapped back into reality as he ran and slid on the ground as he saw the unconscious Y/N laying on the ground, looking lifeless.

"Y-Y/N..?" he asked, holding back tears. When he got no response, he couldn't hold it back anymore. He cried, he cried a lot. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he held her head in his hands, "Y/N? Y/N, hey p-please. Wake up." Again, no response was given. Pepa rushed over hearing her son's cries, gasping at what she saw, "Julieta, come quick!" she called, looking back at Camilo. "Y/N. Y/N. Hey, you need to wake up. Please, wake up." Camilo cried, brushing the strands of hair blocking her face behind her ear.

"Antonio, don't cry, papito. It's going to be okay." Pepa assured the five year old boy. Mirabel looked helplessly at the sight, thinking it was her fault. "Y/N, you gotta wake up. Remember our plan?" Camilo continuously caressing her face, desperately trying to wake her up. Abuela watched silently as Camilo screamed in pain and agony reminding her of when she lost the love of her life, the pain she felt and how it changed her.

"Mirabel? Mirabel?! Where's Mirabel?" Julieta asked running around the area searching for her daughter. "Where is she? Mirabel!" Everyone but Camilo started to holler out for Mirabel hoping for a response, but with no luck. Julieta turned to Camilo who held Y/N in his arms as tears streamed down his face. Abuela watched the scene unfold in front of her, memories flooding her brain as she watched Camilo cry. She was reminded of the pain she felt when she lost Pedro, how long it took to recover from that pain and how difficult it was.

She was brought back to that day, remembering every tiny detail. She sat down with some small tears running down her cheeks at the memories, watching Julieta take Y/N from Camilo's arms. As Camilo cried his throat became sore, his eyes a light red, the feeling of his chest pounding like it's about to burst. Papa and Fèlix hugged him tightly, feeling sorry for the poor boy, not knowing what to do. Y/N wasn't dead, but it still hurt him seeing her like that. He felt so lost, he couldn't imagine doing anything without being able to see her. The idea of losing someone is just too terrible, especially for a teenager.

"Cami. Your father and I are going to go search for Mirabel. Would you like to come with us?" Papa softly asked, still hugging him tightly. Camilo didn't say a word, he just shook his head no in response. With that Pepa let go of her eldest son, kissing his head gently before walking away. Camilo stood there in silence, taking a moment to collect himself as best he could before going to find Julieta. After wandering for a few minutes, Camilo found Julieta in his room with Y/N laying on his bed. It took a second for him to snap out of it as some tears started to form in his eyes once again.

"Is she...?" Camilo trailed off, not being able to say anything else. "She will be fine, but I don't know if she will wake up." Julieta responded as she stood up from the bed and walked over to him. "If? What do you mean if?" Worry in Camilo's voice was definitely heard as he glanced back at Y/N before returning his attention to his tía. "Camilo...she hit her head pretty hard and I have tended to the marks on her but..." "No" "she might not wake up."

"Can I...um...." Camilo asked, gesturing towards Y/N. Julieta stepped aside, walking towards the door. "I'll give you a moment." Camilo nodded slowly, walking forward. "Okay. Y/N it's just me and you now. So you can open your eyes and when you don't I will become so overwhelmed with emotion I'll accidentally kiss you, but it kinda won't be an accident because I wanted it to happen. Then I'll use the excuse of me being really happy that you're okay that you won't even care. So, just open your eyes." Camilo gently grabbed Y/N's face, holding it in his hands.