Part 22

After that adventure and a half, we continued walking with a different kind of tension between us. I walked ahead of Loki now to avoid awkward eye contact, which surely would have happened because I can feel his eyes burning into the back of my head, "You know, maybe I would have kissed you sooner if I'd known it would make you this quiet. Its peaceful now." 

"You're a bitch." I answer monotonous, did I hate the kiss? No not really. Should I have hated it? Yes I should have. No matter what I try he always finds a way to get under my skin. 

"If I'm correct, that means female dog to you Midgardians. I am neither female, nor a dog. how does that make me a-" 

"What do I have to do to get you tossup up now?" I cut him off to answer sarcastically. I feel the air brush through my hair quick and felt a presence by my side. 

"Kiss me," With his answer I freeze, I really should have seen it coming. I walk close to him with a smile and shove him over, then keep walking. In my frazzled and annoyed state I didn't hear him get up or closer till I felt myself pulled back into soft strong arms, I turn to yell at him but he beat me to it, "Careful where you step darling, watch for cliffs. Can't let you die on me yet Starlight." I catch my breath and see that he had indeed saved my life just now.

"Thank you," He looked baffled by my response probably waiting for a snarky remark. "Expect the unexpected, remember?" I finished by pressing a light kiss to his cheek.

"We're here." I look around to see the exact same scene we've been walking through for the past few hours the only difference if the cliff in front of me. 

"Well, thats terribly underwhelming." We took a few steps to the side of the path and Loki held the tesseract between us to use,

"I can't use your power for you. I won't force you to do this but you are coming with me. Should you chose to not fight you will have to wait on Jotenheim and watch. I need your help to do this, to prove I can rule, to finally as you midgardians call it 'one up' that oaf I call a brother! All my life I've been in his shadow." 

"Is that what this is about? To be better than Thor? I get being in the shadow, I've been in Fury's shadow all my life. Even though nobody really knows that, he's always nagging me. He never lets me work to my potential and limits me to keep me safe. He does it because he loves me, he try to protect me because he doesn't want to see me hurt. From what I've heard Odin was awful to you, which is not fair. You lived in Thor's shadow because he loves you and Thor differently. Thor was born of his and he chose to save you for his own twisted reasons, its a different bond. Thor loves you, you just don't let yourself see it, Frigga loved you, you also didn't let yourself see it, I- The Avengers might not love you, but they want to see you happy. We all care in different ways, it doesn't mean you need to try to commit a second genocide. I can help you work through it, we all will." I finish and turn to see all the Avengers there, Thor with tears in his eyes running up to Loki, and enveloping us both in a tight hug. 

"Oh Brother! I'm so glad we caught you before you did this or Father might have locked you up in Asgard again! Oh that probably wasn't the best thing to bring up right now. Sorry Brother! Thank you Lady (Y/N)!" Thor exclaims while spinning us, I laughed and Loki grunted and tried to force away a smile.

"As much as I love a good reunion. We've got to get those two back before Fury looses his shit again!" Tony walked up with a smile, proud of his entrance and comment.

"Good to see you Tony, and everyone else." I waved slightly as I was still stuck in the hug with the Asgardian brothers. They smiled and waved back. Steve walking up with the handcuff for Loki and a box for the Tesseract.

Time Skip :)))))))

With Loki locked up again and walking back to my room after another lecture from Nick, I felt some deja vu chuckling to myself I walk in to see Loki sitting neatly on my bed with a book in hand. After a closer look I recognized it as only one of his projections. I sighed and turned to close the door, "I thought the cage prevented you from using your magic."

"You Midgardians always miss something," He responded with a smile setting down the book only for it to disappear. 

"That we do." I walk over to the edge of my bed. "I'm sorry," 

"For what? It was all my fault. I was tricked by Thanos yet again as I wasn't strong enough."

"You are plenty strong enough, no one is perfect. we all have struggles and faults. In the famous words go Tony Stark, 'If we can't accept our limitations, we're boundary less, we're no better than the bad guys.' Tony may be an egotistical jackass sometimes but you never know when he'll surprise you with something meaningful. Don't be to hard on yourself about it, I'm not hurt and neither is anyone else. You fought off this Thanos guy well, much better than last time." I smile at him jokingly, he chuckles in response.

"You are very wise for a Midgardian." He responds,

"Only half Midgardian remember?" 

"How could I forget? Really though, you always know what to say. Thank you for everything, you're going to make someone very happy some day. Promise you'll visit me Starlight?" 

"Promise you won't kidnap me again?"  Another thing about Loki is he prides himself in finding random midgardian practices. 

"Pinky Promise?" He asks totally serious, I laugh lightly at the childish behaviour, as I reach up and lock pinkies with his projection.

"Pinky Promise." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you so much for all the support on all my books as this one finally comes to a close. I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. I'll be editing this soon so if you see more update notifications, its just me fixing some mistakes. I love you all 3000, though I don't know you all individually, best of luck wherever life takes you and know you always have a friend here that you can talk to whether me or someone else.