chapter three. - new job.

warning: slight cussing

(btw, listen to the song when it's mentioned, lol)

It is 12:40 pm. I somehow overslept and ended up waking up at 11, but probably because I stayed up late at night talking to Michael on the phone. I kept telling him to go to sleep, but he would just use the "I can't sleep!" excuse.

Anyway, I got my hair done and applied foundation on the bruise I had from the fight at my old job. I wore a white long sleeved shirt with orange stripes with overalls and a pair of Converse. 

In less than an hour, I have to go to Michael's house and pick him up. I got nervous thinking about this was the first time he's visiting my house. 

I quickly took one last look at my bedroom and make sure that everything was clean and organized before I left. The thought of Michael walking in to my room when it's messy is just something I hope never happens; if it did, I would jump off a cliff or fly to a different country and live under a different identity. 

I walked downstairs and grabbed my car keys that were hanging that were on the key hanger from the wall. "Mom!" I called. "I'm gonna go now!" She replied, "Okay! Drive safe!" I walked to the front door and opened it. 

It was quite cold, and the sky was cloudy, I began to regret not bringing a jacket with me but it was almost 1 pm and I had to go pick up Michael. So I walked to my car and got in my seat.

I turned on the engine and just drove off. Thankfully, Michael didn't live so far away from me. Otherwise, I would've been speeding and probably hit a car.

I finally arrived at Michael's home, I couldn't help but feel excited and nervous at the same time. I don't know why he makes me feel like that though, I couldn't figure that out.

I walked across the street and towards the front door. I took a deep breath before I pressed the doorbell button.

Moments after I pressed the button, I heard a "Shit! They're here! Move out of the way!" coming from inside, I figured that it must've been Michael. I instantly felt my palms get sweaty and my heartbeat beating fast, I hated that feeling so much. I felt like I could throw up right now.

The front door now swung open and I nearly choked on air because of how sudden it was. There was Michael standing there, his hair still looked messy as usual, but it looked so good on him. He now had a different bandaid on his cheek, he wore a pair of jeans that were beige, with a white t-shirt and a dark blue-green flannel that was buttoned up except for the last 2 buttons and tucked in his pants, he had a pair of sunglasses folded and hanging from the neck of his shirt, he was also wearing Converse.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Michael grinned. I was shocked at how good he looked, this wasn't something that he'd typically wear. But anything looked good on Michael, and despite the fact that he still had that black eye and busted bottom lip. I was probably drooling right in front of him and didn't even notice. 

"(Y/N)?" Michael raised an eyebrow, waving his right hand in front of me. "Oh-" I snapped back into reality. "Sorry, I zoned out," I said, feeling embarrassed. "How are you?" Michael chuckled at my actions, "Huh, how many times do I need to tell you to stop apologizing? I'm doing alright, what about you?"

"I'm okay, um," I responded awkwardly. "Shou-should we go now?" Michael shrugged, "Uh, yeah. Whenever you're ready." 

We both walked to my car, I unlocked the car doors and Michael sat in the passenger seat meanwhile I sat in the driver's seat. I turned on the engine and put on my seatbelt. "Hey, don't you play music?" Michael asked as he put his seatbelt on. "I do," I replied. "I just didn't feel like listening to music earlier."