chapter six. - first date.

warning: there's plenty of cussing lol

Today is Friday, I'm at home now since school is now over. 

Today also meant the day where Michael and I planned to hang out, we're gonna go to the movies and then to this small amusement park that's a few miles away from Hurricane. 

I think it's only just a hangout, not like a date or anything. Since Michael said it's a hangout when he asked me. Even though, it would be quite nice if it was a date. But there's nothing romantic about it, Michael and I aren't dating. 

I decided to go finally change my clothes and get ready, it was 3:30 pm, and Michael doesn't arrive in hour, since our da- hangout, is at 5. 

I opened my closet and looked around, there was a lot to choose from. I knew I couldn't just decide an outfit and that's it, so I grabbed multiple of shirts, blouses, and pants, from my closet. 

I carelessly plopped them on my bed as I grabbed a few pieces of clothing and placed them on my body, trying them on as I looked in the mirror. 

I had a pair of blue straight jeans and a white t-shirt of The Smiths. I looked at myself with the two pieces of clothes laying loosely on my body. Is this good? Does this look basic? What if I tucked the shirt in? Do I even look okay in it? I kept thinking as I looked at myself in the mirror, I sighed as I eventually decided that this wasn't an outfit I was going to wear. 

I threw the jeans and the shirt on the bed, and then I grabbed a pair of tan jeans with a yellow t shirt that had white buttons and a collar. I placed them on my body like before and looked at myself in the mirror. I thought I looked good in it and began posing as I continue staring at the mirror. But, before I eventually decided that this was going to be the outfit I would wear, I noticed that there was a bleach stain on my shirt.

"Shit!" I groaned as I quickly walked closer to the mirror, so I can get a better view of the stain. It was quite big and noticeable, there was no way I was going to wear this, especially in front of Michael. I walked back to my bed, sighing as I threw the pants and shirt on the bed once again. 

"Okay, let's not give up now," I told myself as I looked through the pile of clothes I had on my bed. "There's gotta be something." I grabbed a pair of loose jeans that were high waist and were in a lighter shade of blue and a buttoned blouse that was white and long sleeved. 

I placed the clothes on my body one last time and looked in the mirror. This time, I felt a lot more comfortable and confident, I kept posing in the mirror as I figured that this was the outfit I was going to wear for today. Sure, maybe it's a bit basic but at least it's not like that I'm overdressing or something. 

I put the blouse and jeans on the bedframe of my bed as I quickly put away the remaining clothes in my closet. I had to hurry up since I need time to get ready, and I take forever anyways. 

Once I had finished putting away my clothes, I quickly changed into the blue pair of jeans and the white blouse. I decided to roll the bottom hems of my jeans and tucking in my blouse with a black leather belt, the blouse looked a bit big on me, but I didn't mind, I also rolled up the sleeves but just a bit below my elbows. 

I grabbed a pair of white Reebok shoes, I decided to get a new pair of socks as well; so, I opened the top drawer of my nightstand and grabbed a random pair of socks. I quickly removed the ones I was wearing and put on the clean ones, then I finally put on my pair of shoes.

I walked out of my room and went to the bathroom that was just right across. I closed the door of my bedroom and walked into the bathroom. 

I turned on the light, I sighed as I looked around. What am I going to do? How am I going to style my hair? Am I going to wear makeup? What type of perfume/cologne should I wear? A bunch of thoughts ran through my mind again as I grabbed my (F/C) hairbrush that was laying on the counter and began brushing my hair.