chapter five. - study ...date?

warning: lots of cussing and a small mention of nsfw

"Shit!" Michael groaned. "I forgot to bring the money I owed Andrew." He took off his seatbelt and facepalmed. "That's a you problem," I responded, grinning. "Not a me problem." 

"(Y/N), do you have at least 3 dollars?" Michael asked, sighing as he looked out of the car window. We were parked in front of the school campus. "Why? So you can pay him back?" I responded, scoffing. 

"(Y/N), please- I'll pay you back," Michael said desperately. "Nuh uh, not my fault that you're so forgetful," I chuckled. "(Y/N), c'mon, class is gonna start soon. I'm not playing games with you," Michael began to get annoyed, but I was getting entertained.

"Wow, look at you! All the sudden now caring about school?" I looked at him. "That's very unusual of you, Michael." He sighed, now giving up. He grabbed his backpack and opened the door. "Y'know what, never mind," Michael grunted as he got up and left. 

"Michael! Wait-" I laughed as I quickly opened the glovebox and grabbed my wallet. I closed it and took off my seatbelt, now I got up and left my car, closing the door. "I was just messing with you! Here," I took out 3 dollars from my wallet and handed it to Michael. "You better pay me back before Saturday."

"Whatever," Michael smirked as he put the money in his back pocket. "Thanks." I opened the trunk of my car and grabbed my backpack, "You're welcome." 

The bell now rang, meaning that school has now started. I put on my backpack and quickly jogged to where Michael was standing. We both began walking to class. 

"I have an English assignment that's due on Monday," I spoke as we were walking. "Do you think that maybe you could help me with it?" Michael looked at me, "Hm, I'm not so bad at English. Let's work on it today at my house?" 

"Sure, it's not like I didn't plan to go there anyways," I said sarcastically. Michael laughed at my comment. "I love your sarcasm, but I also hate it," Michael said. "Yeah, I can tell," I responded. We continued walking until we were stopped by a tall, muscular figure. 

There was Johnny, looking pissed. "Hey, what's wro-" "Hey, have any of you seen Nick? Fucking dumbass decided to slash my tires," He said angrily. "Hm, no," I responded. "Go to the restrooms by the cafeteria, he's usually there with a friend," Michael responded casually. "Thanks, Afton," Johnny said in a monotone.

Before he was about to leave, his grey eyes looked at me, then at Michael. He smirked as he scoffed, and then he walked away.

I felt a bit confused as to why Johnny did that, but I didn't think of it much. "Why does Nick always hang out in the restrooms?" I asked. "Usually smoking weed, drinking, or having sex with some girl," Michael replied. "The PE teacher once caught him with Jennifer."

"What? Wait, Jennifer Smith? The black haired one?" I grinned, feeling surprised. "No fucking way," I chuckled. 

Jennifer was this girl with pale skin, freckles all over her face, she had blue eyes and short, straight black hair that barely reached to her shoulders. She was quite skinny, all of her clothes looked big on her, or maybe because she just wore whatever she could find in her closet. She was one of those "I'm not like other girls, I'm different." 

She thought she was rebellious, even though she didn't have the guts to even smoke a cigarette; but getting screwed by Nick? Probably only did it to look "cool." 

But that's whatever, she's gone. She moved away to Florida, don't know why and don't care. 

"Hey, my class is nearby now, I'll see you during lunch?" Michael spoke as we both stopped walking. "Oh, okay, I'll see you later," I responded, looking up at him. "Don't ditch!" I grinned at Michael as he began to walk to his class. He grinned back and stuck out his middle finger towards me.