Chapter 6

Edmund's POV

"Land, ho!"

I look up at the lookout and follow his gaze to the far-off island in the distance.

"Would you look at that," I mumble under my breath at the sight.

I feel Y/n shift her weight next to me and lean over the edge of the ship to get a better view.

"It's quite beautiful," she says with a crooked smile, "it's a shame there's so much of this place that I haven't seen, and I'm queen over it."

Y/n turns around and looks up at me with her big y/e/c eyes, and she puts her hands on my shoulders. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her close to me, her small frame leaning into my chest.

"You'll see much more of Narnia this time, love," I say to her, looking out over the water, "Especially since we've got so many places to travel to find the lords."

Y/n sighs and leans her head onto my chest, and I rest my chin on her head. Nothing feels better than having her in my arms. I've spent almost every second of the last three years with her, and still, she can make my heart beat fast with a single touch.

"I hope you're right," she says quietly, "I do love it here."

I lift my chin off her head and lean back. I brush Y/n's hair out of her face and look at her, my arms still hooked around her waist. The sun hangs low in the sky, casting yellow and golden rays over the ocean. Y/n looks up at me with an adorable grin, her chin resting on my chest. I feel this overwhelming feeling build up in my chest, my heart starts beating insanely fast, and without thinking the words just come out of my mouth.

"I want to marry you."

Her eyes grow what seems to be ten sizes bigger as she looks at me.

"You what?" She asks.

"I...want to marry you," I repeat, still surprised at my own words.

"Like...now?" Y/n says slowly, pulling away to get a better look at me.

"Not necessarily," I say, furrowing my brow. "Eventually though, I do want to marry you."

I knew that I wanted to marry her. I've known that since, well, since I first kissed her. I just hadn't told her that yet, and I wanted to wait until the right moment. Apparently, my mouth thinks that moment is now.

"Ok," she whispers. She looks up at me, and a huge smile grows on her face.

"Eventually, I want to marry you too."

I lean down and kiss her, her soft lips press against mine while her dainty but strong hands grab the back of my head. As our kiss deepens, a feeling of longing grows in my stomach. I disconnect our lips and hug her tightly against me, making sure I can feel every part of her pressed against me.

"Later, you're all mine," I whisper in her ear.

I pull away from her to see her giving me a look-the look, making the desire to drag her to our room almost irresistible. Her chin is tilted down and her head tilted slightly to the right. She looks up at me with slightly hooded eyelids, and she runs her tongue subtly over her bottom lip.

Fuck me.

I know she knows exactly what she's doing to me. I narrow my eyes at her and smile as I head off to find Caspian and Drinian, shaking my head trying to regain my composure.

I join them near the bow of the ship, where Caspian looks over the island with a telescope.

"The Lone Islands," Drinian states, "the port of Narrowhaven."