Prologue

PAST

"Everything will be okay, you're stronger than this" , he whispered to her as he pattered her head in their embrace. She held onto him tightly and sobbed harder. Despite how much she wanted him to stay, she knew he had to go. * it's for our own good* she thought to herself as she sniffed. They pulled from the hug, he cleared her tears " I'll come back for you" he said and she nodded. She stared as the car sped off. For the first time, she spent the night alone .. without her parents... not even Kevin ,her best friend. *Am I going to be on my own now? In this orphanage?*She wondered. The  mere thought of it frightened her. She slid under her covers and looked at the empty bed beside her, she sighed and cried herself to sleep.

Ten years later

PRESENT

Molly inhales the fresh morning breeze as she stands by the windows with a broad smile on her face, admiring the beautiful New York sunrise. "First day today, ( sighs) hope it goes well" . She rushes into the washroom and takes a hot bath. As if in a trance, she comes out and with no particular expression, coats her skin with lotion and pulls on her black laced stockings, creating a contrast with her bright caramel skin. Putting on a black pencil skirt and white blouse, she admires her well accentuated body in the mirror. She takes a deep breath, she says to herself " I wish he was here to see the new me". Her smile drops and she remembers her parents and best friend. As tears roll down her cheeks, the alarm blows reminding her that she had an hour more to get to work.

"KEMO's law firm" she reads out loud as she pays the cab chauffeur. She touches her necklace, takes a deep breath and majestically walks into the building. Her jaw drops as she scans the whole place(squeals) " so .. I'm really gonna work here" she smiles and walks towards the secretary's desk with her head up high like never before. " watch your ....." " ouch " she says as she loses balance and they both end up on the floor with her on top of him. Their gaze lock for a second as she stares into his dark grey eyes. * wow just like ...* " Do you wanna kiss me or what? Stop staring and get off me" He interrupts her thoughts mockingly. She realises everyone's steady eyes on them and she gets up slowly , a bit embarrassed and  lends a hand to help him up. He ignores her and gets up on his own. She gets annoyed but keeps her cool " I'm so sor..." Without allowing her to end, he interrupts. " you're sorry right? I know . This is not the first time . I'm admired by many and you ladies just can't keep your hands off. Ladies often pounce on me but it happens only outside of my work area. Did you really have to come in here to create this drama?" He smirks and attempts to walk away. Already fed up with his words, she holds him by the arm " Not every girl is like the cheap sluts you move along with" . That's when she realised he was in khaki shorts and t- shirt. " I'm pretty sure your boss must be pitying you to still keep your in his firm. If he knew this side of you, you would have been unemployed by now". All  the workers stopped and turned to their direction in shock.He  signals them to be calm. She looks at him fiercely and walks to the secretary. " I'm Miss Moon. PA for Mr. Mchenzie" " oh okay welcome, we've been expecting you, kindly take the elevator to the sixth floor and walk to your right till the end of the path and that's your office. The boss will meet you there to give you details about the job".