Chapter three

Past

In the middle of nowhere, Huggins stopped the car and asked the kids to alight and follow him. They walked for quite a distance until a building came into view. A warehouse to be precise, looking old and deserted. "Dad? What are we doing at a place like this?" Kevin asked, but Huggins ignored him. Kevin chuckled under his breath as they approached the building. Upon reaching the entrance, Huggins asked Molly to knock on the door. Molly's left brow shot up immediately and she looked at him confused. He gave her an assuring look and she knocked slightly on the door. " SURPRISE!!!!! A group of people scream immediately the door opened widely. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY!!!! They shout on top of their voices. Molly's lips form an 'o' 😮expression as she stands there, taken aback by the decoration and everything and person in the room. Upon a closer check, most of them were friends of her parents she had met before.
"Your parents asked me to do this Molly. They sent their regards as well as a present for you, my dear" Molly's heart leaped for joy as she felt relieved. *They do miss me after all huh* she thought and smiled

Present
"Condition?" Molly asks and shoots up her brow🤨. " I thought you were only dumb but it seems you may be deaf too. Do I have to repeat myself each time I speak?" Mchenzie says and rolls his eyes. She thinks of talking back, but remembers her hard earned job is at stake and she keeps quiet and watches him in silence. " Wow, you're quiet? Amazing. You're smart after all." He added. She chuckles under her breath. And he smirks intimidatingly. She notices the dimple in his cheeks, one deep and the other shallow. " You know, girls are always on the alert and waiting to grab an opportunity to get touched by me you see,..." he says and pauses and puts his hands through his hair. " It's not like I don't like the feeling of being wanted by everyone. But as expected, being the only son, my parents are pestering me to get a girlfriend." " So ??? How's that my concern?" " Relax dear, it does,( Molly casts him a look of confusion) Well I want you to be my girlfriend." "Me? What the? And why would I want to?" " I'm not asking you to choose dear, that's the condition. Besides I don't want you either. Let's just say, you're to act like my girlfriend, until I get a real one. Agreed, or you don't want the job?"

Molly unconsciously bites her lower lip slightly as she thinks. * if I decline, I lose my job. No, I can't lose it just like that. It's just an act right, I'm sure I can handle it. We'll all benefit. I can keep my job and his mom will be happy if I agree.*
He turns to leave and I shout-out. "I agree! ..... I'll do it. I agree to your condition. When do I begin."
" Tomorrow." He says and smirks😏, then walks to his office as she tags behind.
He gives her a couple of files📁" the instructions on what to do with them are in it." He says without sparing her a glance. She gets to her office and gets to work.
After she's half way through, she sits and looks over to his side. She scans him from top to toe. "Never did I think my first boyfriend will be under pretense. Hmm."She mumbles.
His fair skin is tanned. He has a firm jaw, beautiful dark grey eyes, slender long and pointed nose which agrees perfectly with his long and artistically shaped brows and long straight lashes. His face is smooth and hairless.
He turns immediately and their gaze👀 meet. She looks away immediately.
* what the heck, why was I even staring? But honestly, he does look handsome. No wonder all the ladies are after him.*
She gets back to work and there's a siren which blurs immediately, alerting everyone, it's time for lunch.
She doesn't go and completes her work for the day. She notices he also didn't leave for lunch. When works over, she begins packing up.
" Text me your address" He says as he leaves his card on her desk and walks out. Phew!She sighs and face palms 🤦🏻‍♀️herself mentally realizing she was holding her breath when he spoke.

#sal🌝❤️😘