Chapter 14

Beep beep beep beep....the alarm blurs loudly echoing in the office as it read; 6:00 am. Mchenzie wakes up immediately the sound reaches his ears and straight to the shower he went after turning the alarm off. He dresses up and makes a note to defer Pedro's case to another agent and pastes it on his desk as he walks out.

He spurred along the road as he followed the GPS address to the location of the van he tracked the previous day. His mind was clouded with so many eyesore conclusions about what could have been done to Molly and that fired him up to accelerate at an ungodly range.

Work continued at KEMO's even without their boss as kept everything under control. Pedro's new lawyer sped up the process of his case as soon as he received the file and managed to book a hearing for the next day.
"I can't believe she didn't even send me a text to let me know she arrived safely or anything...I feel something is very off about her departure.....it just doesn't feel right", says Nick as he snuggles closer to Evans in his bed.

*******************************************

#Hey...you need to get here soon...I think we're a little late#

#Really? Sure...her parents say she moved to New York.....her address doesn't seem so far from where you are. I'll be taking the next flight see you soon #

# yeah about that, I think I found her. His parents says he's dating a certain Molly Moon who's currently an abductee. She's the only Molly Moon we know ...so get here fast#

# Have you met him though?#

# No ..not yet. I know how you feel but according to his patents....he's in his way to get Molly back ...hasn't been here since my arrival last night.#

"Well I need to know more about this Molly too". "We don't really know much, besides we met her only ones when our son was unwell" "I see, when you hear any news from him...alert me. They both might be in danger" Mchenzie's parents shriek with fear as the word 'danger' rings in their ears over and over again.

******************************************
After driving for hours....Mchenzie pulled over. The location he was picking up was not along the road...it happened to be within the thick bushes on the side of the road. Taking a deep breath and picking up what he needed he tracked the location until a black van parked in isolation came into view. With slow and unheard footsteps, he approached the drivers seat and knocked slightly on it the window. "Who are you?" He asked the driver with an exaggerated smile. Perplexed the driver creased his right brow, squinting his eyes in the process and gave Mchenzie a look that said....are you sure you're good up there?... "who am I? Gash I should be asking you that" "Oh really? Then I got it all wrong. I'm actually here to see you.....I like your car by the way...you got it down here? Looks to cute ...seems imported." " Oh ....I don't really know..my boss gave it to me...why are you here to see me though...wait how'd you even find me." The man said slowly reaching for his pistol. "Mchenzie put his hand through the window over that of the guy's still keeping his smile up..relax bruh I'm just here to find out about something...nothing serious". The guys watched him suspiciously. " What is it you're looking for?" " Well it's kind of sensitive..can I perhaps sit next to you? I came a long way you know." The guy looks at the passenger seat and thinks for a while accessing his mode of defence if push came to shove. The car unlocked and Mchenzie smirked mentally hopping into his new seat. The guy points a gun at him immediately he settles. " look here, I don't know you...if you wanna talk, we do it this way ...you mess up you go to the others world ...so what is it you want?"
Mchenzie looks into space behind the guy for minutes and his smile falls, his face gets sullen and super sad...he looks like he's got his life taken away from him. "My wife, she's missing and when I asked folks around where she disappeared....they said you could help me find her. She's got a light caramel skin, very curvy and pretty. I'm sure you've seen her before about two days ago??" The man tries to think for a while and it struck him who Mchenzie was referring to. Before he could pull the trigger, the pistol wasn't even in his hands anymore... the second owner hd claimed it and now pointed it at him. Now where are you guys keeping Molly...I also don't know you but we'll only talk like this and if you mess up....you join the other world" Mchenzie says liking sternly at the man with an unshifting gaze.

The man begins to laugh. He laughs and laughs so hard, infuriating Mchenzie. "You're threatening me with my own words? Ha! I? I'm never gonna tell...you shoot me, you'll never find her. You don't shoot me? You'll also never find cos ...you might be dead 💀." He laughs again. " and oh...she's about 50 meters away from here or less...:but...you can't leave me here to find her...I won't make you ...you don't think I'm the only one around ...do you? Moreover, if you kill me..you'll still not find her" The driver laughs out harder and harder and pissed off as Mchenzie is...he shoots him thrice....the sound of the shots echo through the woods endlessly. Mchenzie is so confused "50 metres could be from any angle...this is a goddamn forest...which direction am I supposed to go? But I can't stand here, I have to take my chances. I'm coming Molly." He goes for his car and drives off to the east direction as fast as he can.

********************************************

As Molly looks at her abductors with disgust in her eyes an echo of a gunshot sounds and her breath hitches and he starts to think of all the worst possibilities.
"Release her and tie her up properly. We're moving her outta here. That gunshot wasn't one of us....it seems there are intruders."
*Transfer? Where the heck are they taking me to? Who at all could have fired if not them......as much is it's an Oti have him be the first to pop in mind....damn he's the only one who looks like he could even wield a gun....Nick can't do that....And Pedro.....hmmm it's surely him.....at least he's trying to find me..* ugh she sighs as she realizes it'll be in vain since she's been moved.

"I wish I could just catch a glimpse of him at least" she says to herself. One of the abductors gets her ready for transfer and injects something into her bloodstream.
"I already know we're moving....why the need to sedate me....its not like I can escape anyway" she says annoyed. They carried her into the same van that brought her there. The van began moving and her eyes began to get heavy as the sedative took over her nerves...*Mchenzie?? * she thought as she squinted her eyes, opening and closing it to be sure if she was actually seeing him in a car behind her or she was being delusional due to the drug.
One of the men suddenly put a black layer over her head and slowly......she goes unconscious with the thoughts of him in her mind.

"Shit" he cursed as he saw them putting her in a van as he approached the building. Was he too late? He thought as he sped towards the van. He chased them as they sped on the isolated road. Who would have thought Mchenzie was so good with guns. He drove at and unhealthy speed as he ducked and escaped bullets from the van and also managed to shoot at them. As bullets flew to and fro....Mchenzie was getting stressed out two more cars pulled in from behind and also open fire at him. It was three sets against one person and it was getting too intense. He shot and kept his eyes on Molly as he drove with so much anger seeping through his veins. He realized he had one normal bullet left and some other one he had. He aimed carefully and struck the van containing Molly with the unusual bullet. Those in that van stopped shooting expecting the van to lose track or anything....but it was just fine. The laughed at him and mocked him as they increased speed. He turned his car abruptly and sped off.
"Damn I just hope it worked....I'll be doomed if I missed...I've gotta be positive....I couldn't possibly have missed." He said to himself as he drove home.

"Where's Molly son?" Were the words that reached his ears when his mom welcomed him at the door. He broke down into her arms like a baby. She was astonished.....ever since they were blessed with him....he had never ever shed a single tear....but here he was crying like a newborn. She hugged him and calmed him down assuring him that everything was going to fall into place. "There's someone here to see you though" she said as she wiped the tears off his face. "See me?" He asked her and she nodded. He wasn't expecting anyone...he never actually has any meetings in any form at home.
"Hi dear" the grey haired man said with a smile tugging off the corners of his lips as he watched Mchenzie. Mchenzie's brows cringed aa how watched the old man with shock. "You?......How are you even here? How did you find me? How is this even possible? Am I hallucinating or you standing right here?" He said stunned.
With a short laugh and a smirk he replied "of course it's mean....did a few grey hairs really change me much?"