29 | Pissed

Never in a million years would I think I'd be in a shoot-out on a tarmac with my brothers and friends by my side

Never in a million years would I think I'd be in a shoot-out on a tarmac with my brothers and friends by my side. Luc asked if we could assist and help father and grandfather home safely with the rest of our family, we agreed immediately.

"There's too many of them!" Rome shouts, ducking for cover behind our vehicle, reloading his gun.

I glance over the top of the vehicle and note where the shots are coming from, I duck down and address Rome, "you're right, but we're the only thing standing in the way of our family in that aircraft right now brother, we can not let these assholes slaughter our family. Understood?"

Rome nods, breathing heavily, "understood brother, we die for them."

"We die for them," I repeat nodding and taking a deep breath.

A loud shot echoes around us, my heart beats erratically acknowledging what that sound is, "sniper." I whisper, crouching down further.

"Sniper!" A voice shouts.

A few more rounds go off before we hear heaving thuds hitting the tarmac, I glance at Rome who is staring at me with wide eyes as much more shots ring out around us.

And then...

Silence.

Complete and utter silence, no more shots. No more screams and no more thuds.

"Clear!" A feminine voice shouts, "Dom?"

I stand up straight and walk around the car and see all the men lying dead on the ground a bullet between the eyes on each of them, I gap in awe. All the shots were spot on, fuck the amount of control to make all those kill shots. Seriously talented and I know a lot about using guns.

I look up from the dead bodies and see Valentina standing there with a sniper in her hands, relief splashed all over her features.

"Val?" I ask, really looking at her. I don't even know what to say.

"Is everyone okay? Please tell me we got here in time! Everyone's alive, right? I am so fucking pissed off with all of you right now Dom!" She rants.

"We're all okay Val, relax Bambina," I say walking towards her with my hands up in surrender.

"Don't tell me to relax right now, is everyone okay?" She asks again.

"Yeah, we're all fine. What's wrong?" I ask, noticing how pissed off she looks.

She scoffs, walking past me heading towards the Jet to let everyone know it's okay to come out now, Rome, Alec, and Drè stand beside me and watch Valentina walk away.

"Yeah should have warned you, she's pissed." A voice says behind us, we all turn and see Luc, Vince, and Nic standing there with sour expressions.

What's going on? Why is she pissed? And who pissed in their cheerios? I haven't given her reason to be pissed off. I've seen her when she's angry and it gets scary.

If one of the idiots pissed her off, I swear. I scan my brother's faces, trying to figure it out when I look back at the Jet and see Val giving dad and Nonno an earful while throwing her hands around.

Dad and Nonno look shocked then deflate a little when she continues, one of our older cousins gets between them and ushers Val away from them.

I look back at my brothers again and it all clicks into place.

"You didn't tell her," I conclude by the silence. They nod their heads and I sigh exasperated, understanding why she's pissed.

Idiots, my brothers I swear.

"Well, now I'm pissed that she's pissed at us for no reason. Fix this." I say sternly glaring at my three brothers, who look ashamed.

I'm sitting in the lounge when Val walks in with murder written all over her face, I pat the seat beside me and she drops down with a huff

I'm sitting in the lounge when Val walks in with murder written all over her face, I pat the seat beside me and she drops down with a huff. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and pull her to me, snuggling her.

"You can't be mad at them forever you know." I kiss the top of her head.

She closes her eyes and sighs, "I know, let them sweat out a little." She chuckles.

Snickering, "evil."

She laughs, "super evil."

Carlos walks in with a laptop in his hands but stops when he spots us on the couch, smiles wildly before coming to sit next to us, "you two look cozy."

We smile at him, "how's the house-hunting going?" I ask.

He beams at us, turning the laptop towards us and we both sit up straight taking note of the large property that looks like a fucking castle. Val beside me snorts, "are you Dracula?" She asks, making me chuckle.

"It does sort of look like a castle, look it had the most rooms for everyone to have separate rooms. Just ignore the moat." He snorts.

Val and I look at each other before bursting out laughing, a fucking moat. Ridiculous, I did study the photos closely though learning the layouts and weak spots. I could feel Val right beside me, most likely doing the same as she hums to herself.

"It's perfect Carlos, send me the details and all the information and layouts. I'd like to check out security measures we can put in place before we move everyone. I want it locked down tight, no weaknesses. We should talk to Luc and his men, we have a lot of people to move safely and protect heavily. I want no errors in this boys, this is my family on the line." Val warns, sternly.

"Got it, I'll track down Luc. Set up a meeting for transport and security." I say standing up and nodding to them before leaving.

"I'll email all the necessary information," Carlos says.

"Thank you. I guess I'll go put my brothers out of their misery." She sighs dramatically, I smirk as I leave the room.