Chapter Seven

Monet

After an intense love session, Damita laid on my chest as Forever my lady by Jodeci played lowly in the background

"Baby you awake?" Damita asked

"Yeah" My fingers traced circles on her back.

"You think anyone will try to tear us apart?"

"You mean your parents?" I questioned, she nodded

I had that fear too but if only they understood how we truly feel about each other.

"I dont know but all I know is nothing will break us apart, what we have nobody & I mean nobody has made me feel like you do not only sexually but mentally & emotionally." She sat up staring at me.

"My parents are anti-gay people they will never accept us you know that right?"

"Lisa hasn't treat me different she knows I'm gay"

"But I am her daughter Mo it's different"

"Maybe but I will be there for you the whole way I got you baby" A smile spread across her face.

"I know you do & I got you too no matter what" We snuggled for the remainder of the night but my mind just stayed on how this was going to work, It makes me nervous to think her parents might actually break us apart.

The next day, Damita had school so she had to go back home & today is my off day so I went to my mom's grave site, She died when I was 17 it hurt me to my core my father wasn't around, last heard he lived in Atlanta with his new family.

"Hi mommy" Touching her headstone made tears come to my eyes because it killed me not seeing her everyday.

"I miss you, I remember when we went to six flags every year til you got sick" A tear fell from my eye.

"I love you tell grandma I love her too, I'll be back soon promise" I kissed my too fingers then laid it on her Headstone.

After leaving there, I stopped by Clarissa's to chat since she has been real distant.

I twisted the knob entering in the house immediately smelling some weed.

"Clay"

"Outside Mo" She called from her patio.

I walked toward the patio seeing the door opened & her sitting on a lawn chair smoking a blunt.

I stepped out sitting next to her in the other chair.

"You good?" She glanced over at me

"I guess"

"Let me guess Kendra?" I sighed running a hand through my hair.

"Why dont you break it off?"

"I love her though"

"I understand-"

"They are getting married Mo" She cut me off.

She sat up putting her head down in her hand starting to cry & shake.

"Clay" I jumped up sitting next to her embracing her.

"It's ok"

"Why does she do this to me ever since we were kids leading me on then dating over people"

"I know babe but you deserve so much better dont sweat her girl"

She cried & cried, Clarissa is my best friend & I hated seeing her like this.

Just then the front door opened again, "Clarissa!" Kendra yelled coming out to the back.

"Get the fuck out!" Clarissa stood up

"Come on baby dont be like that" Not wanting to get in the middle I stood up.

"You two clearly need to talk this out, All I am going to say is Kendra you need to fix your shit & Clarissa you need someone better." With that I left letting them deal with there own problems I'm tired of being the middle of my friends.

I stopped by Lisa's to check on the kids even though I saw Damita already.

Knock knock

Davis came to the door smiling once he saw me.

"Hey Ms. Gorgeous" He flirted as he opened the door.

"Hey I just came to check on you guys Damita here?"

"Yeah, Mita Jo!" He yelled for my lover

"Coming" She rushed downstairs with a pretty girl behind her.

"Mo what a pleasant surprise" She blushed

"Yeah I thought you guys might need something"

"Naw we good beside Li eating us out of house and home."

Oh this was Aaliyah I thought someone was about to get hurt.

"Hi, I am Monet"

"Aaliyah, So your Monet?"

I nod softly, not taking my eyes off Damita

"Alright well I gotta go by call me if you guys need anything"

"You dont want to stay for dinner?"

"I am kind of tired its been a long day", I could tell my lover was sad but today was a down day for me. 

"Ok see you later" I exited the house just ready to go home & not think about my mom.

Damita may be mad at me but she has to realize I have these days all time.

I laid in my bed just thinking about everything that happened with mom then my mind went to Damita.

I cant loose her... I just cant