Chapter Eleven

Lisa

Monet was so right, I was hiding my true feelings that I disowned my own daughter

Monet was so right, I was hiding my true feelings that I disowned my own daughter. The reason I wanted to her to have a boyfriend so young was because I knew she was gay once she entered high school.

My parent's knew the same about me when I started hanging out with Monet & her friends. Nikki was one of them I loved her a lot but my family wasn't letting that happened. Then Lawrence came in the picture, He hated gays so I had to pretend to play that part or he would have found out, I never loved him when we went out to so called fix our marriage we didn't have sex or anything.

"Hey you ok now?" Mo asked me giving me a warm hug.

"Yeah, I am sorry" she nodded & we walked back in the hospital.

"So you really love my daughter?" I asked stopping her from walking any further.

"More than you will ever know, I didn't want this to happen but she is special reminds of you when you were younger." She smiled

"Lisa you need to be yourself, If Lawrence is not what you want then leave you have your money & stuff." She was right but I dont know who would want me now my kids hate me.

"My kids hate me Mo, I dont know how to make it up to them, as far as Lawrence let's just say he's the one who doesn't have anything, your right I need to be myself but how do I do that?"

"I will help you promise" We walked back into the waiting room & Lawrence was sitting there on the phone.

"Has the doctor came back?"

"No but I asked & at least one person can sit with her, I need some fresh clothes so I will be back as soon as possible." Davis said standing up.

"Ok umm, Davis I am so sorry son" He stared at me before walking past me.

"Mo you can go see Damita" she shook her head

"No you go talk to her" Lawrence looked between us but didn't know anything.

"Ok I will be back" I got the room number & anxiously went there not wanting to see her like this.

I opened the door seeing her hooked up to all these machines.

I pulled up a chair & sat next to the bed grabbing my baby girl's hand.

"Damita, I remember when you were just 5 years old & you loved singing & dancing, remember that time you dressed up as Diana ross & sung all her songs for us" I chuckled as tears streamed down my face.

"Baby I am so sorry for what I did, I was just running from my own problems you remind me so much of me when I was your age just so beautiful & full of life"

"It still doesn't excuse what I did to you, please forgive me" I kissed her hand softly.

I grabbed my phone out of my purse & stepped out in the hallway.

I dialed her number nervous of what she was going to say.

"Hello" Her sexy voice said through the phone.

"Hi, It's me"

"Lisa?"

"Yes, Hi Nikki"

"I haven't spoken to you in a few years how are you?"

"I am not doing well" I lend my head against the wall

"Mo told me about Damita, I am so sorry this happened to you Lisa"

"I should be the apologizing to you Nicole"

"Lisa let's not talk about this over the phone, when everything calms down we can meet & chat"

"Ok I am fine with that"

"Alright bye"

"Bye" I said & hung up.

It been two days & Damita was getting pulled out the coma today.

"Alright are we ready?" The doctor asked me, Lawrence, Mo & Davis. Aaliyah would have been here but Sade wasn't feeling good.

"Yes" I nodded.

They did what needed to happen & Damita started coming too.

Mom she called out starting to open her eyes.

"Sweetheart" she opened her eyes looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"Mom I am sorry" She started crying

"No baby it's okay dont cry just relax."

She looked over at Mo, "Hi"

"Let's give them privacy"

"Hey baby sis we will be outside okay" She nods & we got up leaving them alone.

"Well now that we know she is okay we can leave" Lawrence said

"I am not going anywhere" I said sternly

"What?"

Davis stared at me wondering what was going on.

"Lawrence, I want a divorce & you can have the house but I am gay okay, Damita gets it from me I was a lesbian just like her in high school, the only reason I married you was because my mother made me but..." I took a deep breath & let it out.

"I need to live for me, I regret every day that I hurt my kids just to please you because you hate gays, I put my hands on my daughter because I was to ashamed to be myself not anymore Lawrence"

"Really Mom" Davis said I touched his arm

"I am so sorry honey, I love you & your sister more than anything"

Lawrence glared at me once more, "Glad you finally told me"

He then bumped my shoulder before walking away.

I turned my attention back to my son, "Davis please forgive me I will make it up to you & your sister"

"I forgive you mom" He hugged me firmly.

I was finally living in my truth which felt amazing now all I needed to do was get the woman I loved & make sure the bastard who hurt my daughter rots in prison.