2286-2290

Chapter 2286: Just a Misunderstanding

“It’s just a misunderstanding. It’s not a big deal,” said Han Chenglin airily. He could accept it when other people mistook him and Chu Peihan for a couple, but he wouldn’t accept it if other people mistook him and another girl for a couple.

Hearing that, Gu Ning understood Han Chenglin’s intention, but Chu Peihan seemed to know nothing about it.

“I don’t want your female fans to attack me for that,” said Chu Peihan with displeasure. Upon thinking of the trouble Han Chenglin’s fans had caused her, Chu Peihan wanted to vent her anger on Han Chenglin.

“Aren’t you good at fighting? You can easily beat them up!” Han Chenglin said. He didn’t want his female fans to bother Chu Peihan, but he couldn’t stop them either.

Luckily, Chu Peihan wasn’t weak at all, so he wasn’t worried. He didn’t think it was a bad thing if Chu Peihan used violence.

“Do you think I have so much free time to deal with your annoying fans?” Chu Peihan rolled her eyes at Han Chenglin and said impatiently, “You can just stay away from me so that other people won’t mistake us for a couple.”

“Come on, we’re friends! Don’t be so cruel,” said Han Chenglin and acted aggrieved.

Chu Peihan didn’t know what to say, so she directly shut her mouth.

After Chu Peihan walked around in the Imperial Garden for half an hour, Shi Xiaoyue called her and asked her where she was.

Chu Peihan then told Shi Xiaoyue their location.

Before long, Shi Xiaoyue came.

When Shi Xiaoyue saw Gu Ning, she was struck dumb for a second. She didn’t expect to see Gu Ning here, and the next second, she was stunned by Leng Shaoting.

Shi Xiaoyue didn’t know Leng Shaoting, but she assumed that he should be Gu Ning’s boyfriend because they stood very close to each other. Therefore, although Shi Xiaoyue was attracted to Leng Shaoting’s handsome face, she didn’t dare to pay much attention to him in case Gu Ning was mad.

Besides, he looked cold and seemed unwilling to talk to strangers, so she didn’t dare to move closer to him.

Anyway, she believed he couldn’t be an ordinary man. Since he was Gu Ning’s boyfriend, he must enjoy a high status as well. What family was he born in?

Shi Xiaoyue was very curious about it, but lacked courage to ask about it.

Because Shi Xiaoyue came, Chu Peihan completely stopped talking to Han Chenglin now. She held Shi Xiaoyue’s arm and they seemed to be best friends. They chatted and laughed and only paid attention to Han Chenglin when they needed someone to take photos of them.

Han Chenglin was very dissatisfied with that. Actually, Shi Xiaoyue shouldn’t be here, but now he was the odd one out. However, he couldn’t chase Shi Xiaoyue away. If he dared to do that, he would be chased away instead.

Anyway, Han Chenglin had to accept the reality that he was left alone.

After walking around for a while, Han Chenglin invited them for afternoon tea. He was worried that Chu Peihan would kick him away once Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting were gone.

Wherever Gu Ning was or went, Chu Peihan would certainly follow behind, so if he invited them to share afternoon tea, Chu Peihan wouldn’t tell him to leave.

Gu Ning didn’t bother to guess Han Chenglin’s intention. Since he kindly invited them, she agreed happily because they were going to pick a nice place to have a rest as well.