2841-2845

Chapter 2841: I'm Not an Idiot!

After the bunch of abductors were taken back to the police station, they were interrogated overnight. Although Gu Ning had already questioned them, only she and Dai Xiongyu heard their answers. If the police needed solid proof, they needed to interrogate them again.

Because the bunch of men had already confessed to their crime to Gu Ning and Dai Xiongyu, they said the same thing to the police.

Their confession wasn't enough to prove who was guilty, but the police needed to interrogate the suspects for a thorough investigation.

It was late, so they decided to go find Pei Jiangchao the next day.

As soon as Pei Jiangchao heard that the bunch of men was caught, he was filled with anxiety. He was afraid that they might betray him.

!!

It was his own idea. The Yuan family, his father, and his brothers didn't know about it at all. He was eager to achieve something to prove himself. After the Pei family successfully replaced the Chang family, his father might attach more importance to him because of his great help.

In that case, he would be able to become the Pei family's heir.

No one could say no to power!

The Pei family also heard about the abduction that Dai Xiongyu had experienced, but they had no idea that it was done by Pei Jiangchao.

"I wonder who did it. It's so stupid to abduct Dai Xiongyu at this moment. Obviously, the Dai family has the Leng family's support. Nobody wants to mess with the Leng family. They failed halfway, which proves they have no ability to go against the Leng family. I can't imagine what punishment the mastermind will receive once he's exposed," Master Pei said. In fact, he hoped that the abduction could have succeeded, since it would be great if the Dai family was in trouble, since it would be a chance for them to prepare.

Unfortunately, it failed.

Hearing that, Pei Jiangchao was even more anxious. He hesitated to tell Master Pei the truth. His mind was in chaos and he could only hope that those men didn't betray him. He honestly had no idea what to do next.

Therefore, he wanted to be honest with his father, so that they could help him out.

"Yeah, if it succeeded and caused a sensation, it would have done us a big favor, but unfortunately it failed," Master Pei's eldest son said.

"The Dai family won't stop looking for the mastermind behind the abduction. I don't think it's over yet," said Master Pei.

As they chatted, they noticed something was wrong with Pei Jiangchao. Master Pei's eldest son, Pei Jianghai, asked him, "Jiangchao, what's wrong? You look distracted."

"Oh, n-nothing." Pei Jiangchao immediately came back to his senses and responded.