001| basketball blues

( season one, episode one )

━━━━━━

CASSIDY HEART SMILED to herself as she watched Lucas move up and down on the court. She watched as the blonde made it into the basket, as usual, cupping her hands as an automatic cheer came through her lips. "Go, Luke!"

   "If you think he's good today, you should of seen him yesterday, Cass. He was on fire."  Mouth smiled making Cassie playfully roll her eyes. "As usual."

    "You guys remember Tom Dugan from grade school?" Junk asked. "Oh yeah, he used to live next door to you, right?" Lucas asked. "Yeah. Some guy snapped him with a wet towel and he lost one of his testicles." Junk replied making everyone laugh.

   "Ok, Junk." Jimmy chuckled. "Just saying what I heard." Junk frowned before passing the basketball back to Lucas. "Anyways man, what are you reading these days?" Skills asked Lucas. "Steinbeck, the winter of your discontent." Lucas answered.

   "Let me hear some." Skills shrugged. "Nah." Lucas waved off. "Come on, dog. You know I be reading vicariously through you." Skills sighed before turning around towards Cassie. "What about you Lenny Jr?" He asked making her dead pan at the nickname.

    Skills was one of Cassie's best friends. As was Mouth, Junk, Lucas, and Jimmy. And with them being her best friends, they also knew how pissed she got when she got any name associated with her brother thrown at her. Even if it was on accident, it always made her mad. That's why Skills made sure to always call her something that had to do with him.

   "Well, Antwon, I'm not reading much at the moment. Trying to catch up on school work." Cassie shrugged. "Nerd." Jimmy coughed making the boys chuckle as Cassie hit his shouder.

   They groups laughter stopped as they saw a car drive by. "Peyton Sawyer. You seen her webcam. In her bedroom — I hear she's naked on it, like, all the times." Junk smirked.

   "Heard about it or saw it?" Cassie asked. "What? I hear things." He frowned. "You know, I saw her the other night. She almost ran me over, of course."
Lucas sighed making Cassie's eyebrows raise.

   "Yeah, she's pretty fine, huh?" Skills asked. "Eh, she's, all right." Lucas shrugged. "Like you could do better." Cassie chuckled.

   "Just shoot for teams, all right?" He asked through a chuckle.

* * *

CASSIE AND LUCAS laughed as they made their way up the steps to the cafe. "You wanna stay for dinner?" Lucas asked. "I don't know if I can. My parents aren't home and I know the wouldn't mind but I don't know about your mom." Cassie shrugged.