004| crash into you

( season one, episode four )

━━━━━━

CASSIE PACED back and forth across Haley James' bedroom. "I can't do this, Hales!"

Haley sighed, throwing down her pen. This had been a regular occurrence ever since Cassie began tutoring Nathan. "Why this time?"

"He's so annoying!" Cassie exclaimed. "I swear to god, I don't care if they share a last name, you can definitely tell that Lucas got Karen's personality and Nathan got Dan's. I mean seriously, I'm tutoring him, and his ego's somehow so big, it needs its own room. Someone seriously needs to humble that guy."

Haley groaned. She was about to punch Nathan Scott herself if she had to hear Cassie complain about him one more time. "Remember, your doing this for Lucas."

Cassie scoffed as she crossed her arms. "Yeah well, Lucas is gonna have to return the favor pretty soon because I can't take Nathan anymore."

Haley gave her a pointed look. Cassie sighed as she threw herself down on the James' bed. "Stop looking at me like that."

Haley chuckled. "Like what?"

"Like your right and I'm wrong. If gets very tiring, Hales."

Haley playfully rolled her eyes. "Did you ever try having an actual conversation with Nathan?"

"You're funny." Cassie giggled. "I say hello, he says hello, I tutor him, I say bye, he says bye. That's how our conversation's go."

Haley sighed as she sat down next to her friend. "Yeah well maybe he's not entirely a jerk. Maybe he has a soft spot." Haley cheekily smiled. "Maybe you can find it."

Cassie threw her a sarcastic smile. "Thanks, Hales, but the last thing I want to do is fine any of Nathan Scott's 'spots'."

Haley hit her arm with a pillow. "Ew! You didn't have to make it weird."

Cassie thought to herself. "Maybe I don't have to find his soft spot. Maybe Lucas can."

Haley raised her eyebrows. "Huh."

Cassie began pacing again. "If I can get Lucas and Nathan to just talk it out, then I don't have to tutor Nathan anymore, or it at least makes him less of an ass. It's a win-win, Hales!" Cassie smiled. "Nathan will get off my case and the Scott brothers will reunite! Thanks to me!"