003| are you true?

( season one, episode three )

━━━━━━

TENSION WAS high on the Tree Hill basketball court. "Time out!" Whitey called, bringing the team in. "Under 25 seconds to go, the Ravens trail by two." The announcer said as the gym boomed with cheering.

"Calm down, Cass. You'll draw blood." Malia chuckled as she watched her daughter practically eat her own bottom lip from anticipation. The girl sighed. "I'm just nervous."

"The team will be fine, I think we have this in the bag." Malia reassured, rubbing her daughters shoulder before turning her attention back to the court.

"The team isn't what I'm worried about." Cassidy muttered as she watched her best friends nemesis in the huddle. "Ravens!" The boys cheered before leaving the huddle, returning to the court.

"Such a quick timeout, and the Ravens take to the court their undefeated record at stake." The announcer spoke. "18 seconds left on the clock. They need a basket to tie or a 3-pointer for the win."

"C'mon, Luke." Cassie muttered. The announcer continued. "Jagielski to inbound, finds Tim Smith out top."

Nathan got the ball, attempting a shot but ultimately failing, causing the gym to wince.

Jake quickly got the ball, but was quickly swarmed with the other teams players. He pivoted his foot, chest passing the ball to the open boy behind him.

Lucas.

As the other team started to gang up on Lucas, the boy took his chance and aimed for the hoop. Cassie's mouth parted as she watched the ball sore through the air, the buzzer blaring through the gym.

Everyone watched as the ball neared the rim.

Lucas got it in.

Everyone jumped up as they saw the ball drop from the basket. "Yeah, Lucas!" Cassie cheered. Jake hugged the boy as the announcer boasted about Lucas. "Unbelievable! Lucas Scott with the 3-pointer on the buzzer and the Tree Hill Ravens are still undefeated. And I tell you what, if you're gonna play the Ravens this season you better take note,"

"There's a new Scott in town."

* * *

"LUCAS EUGINE, I am so frickin' proud of you!" Cassie cheered as she embraced her best friend. Lucas smiled into the hug before setting her down. "Thanks, Cass."